/dist/images/branding/favicon

Aux Power Issues

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Rocky Xiong, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Rocky Xiong

Rocky Xiong New Member

I have problems regarding the power distribution on the Movi Pro.
    The two d-tap power outlet opens for the same direction, meaning I can't use both of them at once since most d-tap cable extends from the left side. Putting the power for the camera would hinder the output for my wireless transmitter/wireless follow focus.

Is there any accessories that can maybe extend the d-tap out a bit so that the cables don't stand in each other's way? how do you guys power your wireless follow focus or video transmitters?

Thanks!

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Rocky,

D-Tap plugs have a little angle to two of their corners, which can allow for cables to route past the other connector. Most of my cables are thin enough to get by this way, although I do have one power cable that is too thick. Fortunately, it's a camera power cable and it shoots out away from the other D-Tap on the Movi.

D-Taps are reversible in this regard, and the cable can be made to come out whichever side you want. You have to re-solder them though, but maybe worth it if you're using them on the Movi a lot.

Here's a pic of two opposing D-Taps with the cables routed past the corner cut-out:

IMG_1077.jpg

3. Rocky Xiong

Rocky Xiong New Member

Thank you so much!

4. Henry Schroeder

Henry Schroeder New Member

Just make your own end so the cables poke out on the ends
    Easy build