/dist/images/branding/favicon

Position and kinematic mode - what it is and someone tried?

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Eirik Nicolai Heim, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Eirik Nicolai Heim

Hi,

I am not with my alta 6 at the moment, and do not have the possibility to install the new firmware. I have read the new manual rev. D and the firmware release notes.

Anyone who can explain better what the difference between the classic and kinematic? And are there anyone who have been out testing kinematic mode? How does it feel compared to classic? And why would you use it?

2. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

I've done a few flight with it. I really like it. It's somewhere between GPS and Alt hold. If you let go of the sticks it will keep moving in the direction it was moving for a few feet then come to a smooth stop. How far it travels after you let go can be dialed in using the kinematic mode slider in the ap. the lower the number the quicker it will stop. The higher the number the longer it will travel before stopping. The only thing I don't like about it is its slow to start moving when you give it a stick command as this side of movement has also been smoothed. So starting a tracking shot in time with a car or something might be difficult as it sorta has a delay. If you could loose the delay on starting movement but keep the smoothing of the end movement I think I'd use it as the default GPS mode but as it is I think I'll leave it off. Its worth have a fly with it though to see if you like it.

3. Eirik Nicolai Heim

Thanks. A good description and I understand where they are going with the new mode now.

Is it smoother when it comes to correcting sideways traveling than in classic mode? Like when it is a bit windy?

Will have to try when I am able to again.

4. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

It was about 2mph wind when I tested it so couldn't say right now!

5. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

i don't like the new mode very much.
    i thought it is a bit like the GPS mode in dji systems but it isn't.
    there is anbig delay between stick command and reaction - even when the mode slider is set to 1.

6. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

:(

Yeah the synapse GPS mode is not good, the Alta is almost useless in GPS due to the pendulum affect, I have tried multiple settings and it slightly reduced it but does not get rid of it. DJI systems fly amazing GPS, the Alta flies like it’s drunk.