/dist/images/branding/favicon

Best cables for gimbal use

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Rob Ruscher, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

I tried searching the forum and couldn't find much. Wanted to see what you all are using for cables of monitors and accessories.

For SDI I've been using Smallhd ultra thin cables.

Looking for a good option for the Red monitor. What you guys using? Looking at Media Blackout for the 5" LCD

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Rob, if you're in a hurry, B&H has a hyperthin RED EVF cable listed as in-stock.

Media Blackout might take a month or more to get, but they're a great source of quality and custom cables.

Here's another suggestion on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Red-LCD-Supe...391&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=red+evf+cable&psc=1

I ordered from Workhorse before for a Teradek cable, and they make good stuff. Haven't tried this EVF cable and not sure how flexible it is, but their prices are hard to beat. There are some other cables on Amazon from Eonvic and Alvin's cables for even less $$, but they're 31 inches instead of 36. Probably not a huge problem, but I tend to like 36" for my monitor cables.

I also use Amazon for thin HDMI and BNC cables.

3. alain baars

alain baars Member

I had a custommade sdi connection under the M10, under the cameraplate, where now the FIZ thing is on the Pro.
    I could then internally, through the tubes of the M10, wire it up tiull the upperside and then connect it to the monitor.

How will you people do that now?

4. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

Thanks! I ended up ordering the one from Amazon. Got the last one! Appreciate all the info

5. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Let me know which one you got, and what you think of it. I've liked my Workhorse cable so far, but haven't used it a ton -- it's mostly a backup. I think they even have a store locally here in Santa Monica.

Everyone uses different types of cables and connectors (some genuine Lemo's, some knockoffs), and I'm curious what you think of how flexible this one is and how well it holds up. I have at least two or three of any important cables in my kit, and the cost can add up, especially with all the different cameras, follow focus, and accessories out there.

Definitely, please report back on what you think. I'm sure they'll have more in stock, and I saw others on Amazon, as well.
    Thanks,
    -G.

6. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

No problem. I got the workhorse 36" for the Red LCD monitor. May look to get some 36" SDI as well.

7. Case Norton

Case Norton New Member

If you guys are still curious about BNCs for your gimbal builds, check out our website at www.NortonAntiWires.com and use promo code NEW15 to get 15% off your order. We have ultra thin and flexible 75ohm HD-SDI BNC's ranging from 6-inches to 5-feet with prices ranging from $4 to $7 each. Hope you all have a great day and a great time on your next shoots!!

- Case Norton
    Norton AntiWires

Graham Futerfas likes this.