/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro pan motor holding?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Jason Toth, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Anyone flying the Movi Pro yet?

If so, is the pan motor holding at 18m/sec, side profile for extended periods with Weapon/Mini, cine lens, fiz, etc (11-12lbs camera payload)?

Thx, J

2. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Tabb talks specifically about this in the MōVI Pro FAQ: https://goo.gl/Q9jhYd

3rd page down, question 10:

>Has anyone tested the Pro in a high speed situation? I am curious to know if the pan motor is more powerful than the one on the M15?
    • Yes, tested at high speed on ALTA and on Car mount. Alta unable to cause a blowout, car blows out at 50-80 mph depending on aerodynamic balance of the gimbal

3. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Do you know which camera package, accessories, lens, etc & all up weight? Also what speeds (it just says high, what about max speeds around 18m/sec) and for how long. We are asked to do side tracking shots all the time at 18m/sec w/ 13-15lbs camera packages (not including gimbal weight).

Want to make sure it hold before we throw down more money since we have a dozen M15's which where stated they would support up to 15lbs but we are not getting anywhere near that weight at full speed on a drone. Even a striped down camera package at 10-11lbs won't hold over 10m/sec for extended prior of time on M15.

Since the Pros specs still state 15lbs payload, just concerned since there is no real evidence it's holding 15lbs at max speed, side profile for 10+ secs

Thx

4. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

"Alta unable to cause a blowout"

Maximum stated payload for a given product does not assume that it will perform with that weight in all conditions. We took the feedback from our users, and made sure that the MōVI Pro would perform in any conditions the ALTA 8 could throw at it. You will still be responsible to make sure that your system is balanced, both in weight and aerodynamic balance.

5. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

We too are waiting to hear some real world feedback from the early adopters.

Especially since it sounds like it's not actually a bigger motor in there... and that we have not seen any test footage from actual professional users.

(Heading off today to do another car commercial with Alta 8 and M15... hoping that the Director does not want to track profile...)

6. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

We switched over to the H16 & it holds w/ Weapon/Mini, Optimo, Preston FIZ, Hedens, Paralinx & Rain-spinner @ 18m/sec side
    profile for as long as you can fly on one batt :)

7. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Pan motor is 50% bigger then M15 Ben

8. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

Lol. That's bigger.

Get my movi pro by sat night, I'll post tracking info when I get a chance, hopefully within a week of getting it

9. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

Thanks Tabb, Thats great to hear!

Is there an option to upgrade our M15's?

10. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Awesome! Let us know how the test goes, load that Pro up & let her rip :)

11. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Bigger in size or more power due to 6s???

Tabb... could you or one of your crew take a video of:

Movi Pro, Alexa/Red, Optimo, FIZ, ect = at least a 12lbs camera package weight. Fly manual, side profile, for at least for 100m @ 15-18m/sec.

Would love to get back on the Movi's, we have a dozen M15's & M10's which are wonderful handheld but can't use them on drones anymore due to pan consistently failing during flight w/ 10-14lbs camera packages. Want to make sure the Pro lives up to the specs :)

Thanks so much, J

12. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Im trying Jason. . . I really am. Holiday season seems to be the busy season for me this year, which may have something to do with me projecting my excitement over the arrival of my movi pro onto my clients. . . . Tabb, I second that video request, would be very awesome. I don't want to post a video whilst knowing weight and aerodynamic balance issues could garner misleading results. . .and y'all definitely balance better than me.

Seems like the movi XL is getting consideration from Freefly. I would hope that if the Pro cannot do significant tracking (still happy I bought it lol), the XL will cover other bases. I don't want an XL, but if it has no/limited EMI and the ability to track up to 20 pounds, I would probably have to. I would think it would still only be around $10,000.

While I hope this is not Freeflys response to our tracking questions, nice that there is one likely option on horizon. . .

13. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

. . . . . so just looked at freeflys Facebook page, and it say capacity of 50 pounds. So, mind blown, and I literally have no idea how much this thing is gonna cost

14. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

They mentioned $40k'ish a while back

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT likes this.
  15. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Wow. I suppose that's still 30 grand less than g1 gimbal(I think)so if it performs comparably. . .
    But that still leaves a major gap in the market( as far as I'm concerned). I don't need to hold 50 pounds for 40,000$ lol. Just need, maybe, 5 mores pounds capacity, or substantial pan motor tracking ability upgrade to current capacities.

Still cool that they are throwing their hat into the ring though

16. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Yeah a M20 is needed badly BUT for exmaple, the Gremsy H16 is rated for 16lbs, we have tested it to 20lbs (Alexa Mini), 100km/hr, side profile and it held perfectly for 700m). So as a manufacture things should be over build r dont over spec the product.

The Movi XL market is remote head to compete with Flighthead Mini 3 and U1. There is a market for it, our Flighthead Mini 3 for example can't be bought so it limits how many are out in the world. The U1 is actually cheap compared to a Flighthead Mini since they are producing it for the resale market. If Freefly would ever come out with the XL, they would do great but they are kind of missing the market, too late to the game if they dont release this winter. For example Gremsy has plans for a 30-50lbs remote head and guarantied with wont be $40k + there are a few new ones going to be released as well by other manufactures.

Ben Ruffell likes this.
  17. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

18. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT likes this.