/dist/images/branding/favicon

Trouble with paring Mimic to Movi Pro.

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Josh Park, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Josh Park

Josh Park Member

Hello, I just received Movi Pro today and have been messing around.

I tried paring Mimic for the first time with Movi Pro but haven't been successful so far.

I went to Movi Pro's Radio paring, set the channel to 3 on both Movi Pro and Mimic, and hit Pair. Waited until the process bar was complete, but the screen still says "Los." What does this mean?

The manual doesn't explain much and I would much like a step by step guide. Thank you!

2. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Josh, go back to the main menu screen on the MIMIC and switch it from "off" to "MIMIC"

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  3. Josh Park

Josh Park Member

Yes I've done that as well. No change. What does "Los" mean on the radio status?

4. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Loss of Signal. Any time the mode on MIMIC is set to off, it will reflect LOS on the radio screen.

For further troubleshooting, please contact us at support@freeflysystems. Images or videos of what you are experiencing will greatly boost our ability to help you.

5. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Bryan, I'm having the same issue. The Mimic won't bind, and I see LOS on the Movi Pro under the Radio screen. I've tried different channels and different proximities with the Mimic. Did you and Josh find a solution?

I can email you and send a video if you want. I turn the Mimic on, set it to 'Mimic' instead of 'Off', then go to Radio, set the channel on both Mimic and Movi Pro to the same, press Bind on the Movi Pro, then press Bind on the Mimic. They both have a Status Bar that runs for a few seconds, and then nothing. I see LOS on the Movi Pro and 'Select Channel and bind your MOVI Pro' on the Mimic.

Anything I'm missing? I tried to follow the instructions in the Manual carefully.

Thanks very much! I'll do a video and email it to you, but maybe it's worth posting the solution here on the forum?

6. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

2 ideas

1. What channel are you on? There might be an issue with channel 0

2. Try power cycling the movi after setting the channel

Hope that helps!

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT likes this.
  7. Graham Futerfas

Hi Tabb! Great meeting you today.

Your advice helped... at first I tried Channels 0, 1, 2 and 3. I also tried powering things on and off a couple of times. After reading your comments, I tried channels 4 and 5, power cycling the Movi again, and it linked up on 5 straight away.

Thanks very much!
    -Graham

8. Graham Futerfas

It may have been an issue with not letting the Mimic sit still for a few seconds. Looking back at my video I made of it last night, before it would bind, I had the Mimic in my hand the whole time and the Status never went from Red to Green because I kept moving it.

I tried to bind again to a different channel this morning after letting it sit still on the ground for a few seconds and it worked. Silly me, I forgot the Mimic needs a moment to initialize, probably because the screen wakes up really fast and looks ready to go.

9. Austin Larson

Austin Larson New Member

Hey Guys,

Still having trouble pairing up with the Pro and the Mimic.

With Mimic on I have tried changing channels, rebooting both units, trying up close, trying far away, trying inside, outside etc...
    Basically i have tried everything listed above and am still having issues. I am only getting the LOS when attempting to bind both units simultaneously.

Both units connect to the phone app with no issues.... Is anyone else having this problem? I have a Mimic Beta that i could try but i was hoping the Mimic would just link right up before i go that route

Let me know if you have any other ideas.
    Austin

10. Graham Futerfas

Hi Austin, did you let it sit still for 5-10 seconds, until the little Status icon turns from red to green? I think that might have been my problem.

Then switch from Off to Mimic, then try to bind, ideally getting a little distance between the units.

11. Default mode is 'OFF'. The binding procedure is independent of what 'mode' it is in, though we do not recommend you change it to 'MIMIC' mode before you perform the binding process.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at support@freeflysystems.com

12. Tanner Wilson

Tanner Wilson New Member

Same binding issue. Tried at a distance, power cycled, tried channel 5, tried binding with no motion (not handheld) on the mimic.

13. Graham Futerfas

After you did the Bind, did you go back to the front screen and switch it to Mimic instead of Off? It will show LOS if it's in the Off position. And you got the green runner icon on the front page before binding?

14. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

I'm also having issues. Tried every channel and several reboots of both mimic and movi. Do you hit 'bind' from the movi or mimic? Have tried all the above advice

15. Graham Futerfas

I think you have to press Bind on both Movi and Mimic, but press it on the Movi first, then you have 5 seconds to press it on the Mimic.

16. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

I got to bind just before you wrote this and I'm sure that's what I did. Thanks!

17. Graham Futerfas

I think one of the unwritten steps in getting it to bind is... 'write to the Freefly Forum that you can't get the Mimic to Bind' and then go back and try a few more times. Seems to be working for people. :)

Rob Ruscher and Bryan Edmonds like this.
  18. Daniel Díaz

Daniel Díaz New Member

Same issue here. I've tried all these steps with no result. :confused:

19. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

Here's what worked for me to bind the Movi Pro with the Mimic Pro:

-Make sure both Movi and Mimic are on the same channel (channel 1 worked for me)
    -Make sure Movi Pro is on Majestic Angle and not Smooth Lock
    -Press "bind" on Movi Pro with the Mimic an arms length away then walk 3-5 steps away
    -Press bind on Mimic Pro

Hope that helps

Daniel Díaz likes this.
  20. Daniel Díaz

Daniel Díaz New Member

Thanks very much Kurt, I've done what you've said but it doesn't work.