/dist/images/branding/favicon

What about those who bought a Movi M15 weeks before they put Movi Pro on sale?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Ruben Moreno, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruben Moreno

Ruben Moreno Member

What about those who bought a Movi M15 weeks before they put Movi Pro on sale?

Well, nothing happens. After releasing the Movi Pro without warning those who were going to buy a Movi M15 a few weeks earlier, Freefly gives us no choice. That is not fair play ... and in my case even less, since, before making the purchase we asked them if they were going to take out some new Movi and they told us that they were not planning to take anything new .... and weeks after they They did, they even changed the web page, ie, they already had a strategic plan to get the new Movi Pro to the market with dates and also, they no longer manufacture either the Movi M15 or the Movi M10, so the value of The two Movi have dropped considerably and we can not do anything ....

That way you do not do things if you do not want to lose customers and if you want to keep the customers you already have (loyalty to your customers).

I do not try to value the good and beautiful that are the products of Freefly (that can be), if not, of how they treat their customers ... who spend thousands of dollars on their products ...

This is how I feel to this day ...

I would like Freefly to give us an adequate solution and react to this situation without referring to the terms and conditions of the sales, because they should have taken into account ethics and good faith and fair play ...

There are many people in my situation and think the same ... but, I am the one who is saying it publicly.

lee seung kyu likes this.
  2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

i not defending freefly but they did send emails out saying the next big thing about 2 weeks or 3weeks prior? are you on there subscribe list?
    Your not the first person to have this happen to either look back through the forum when m10 to m15 was released :(

3. Ruben Moreno

Ruben Moreno Member

I received my M15 6 week before the launch of Movi Pro, and before making the purchase we asked them if they were going to take out some new Movi and they told us that they were not planning to take anything new .... and weeks later they did, they even changed the web page, as I said before.

Things are not done like this, they have to be more honest and give a solution to their clients ... I feel cheated ... well, really, they have done it ....

And in addition, failing to sell and manufacture movi m15 and movi m10, weeks after receiving it (just when they launch movi pro), have made our m15 and m10 newly purchased are worth much less than it cost us ... by What, I feel cheated. They must give a solution to those who acquired a m10 or m15 weeks or months before, is what would make a serious, formal and respectful company with its customers.

4. D Lerrick

D Lerrick New Member

Ruben did you contact them about your case and with a request for a solution? If yes what did they say?

Regards Dave

5. Ruben Moreno

Ruben Moreno Member

They refer to the terms and conditions of the sale, and they tell me NO, they only accept returns of unopened equipment and with a maximum of 2 weeks. And they allow themselves the luxury of telling me what I could do ..... sell my equipment in the forum if I decide to sell .... it is incredible, this does not happen in companies that want to retain their customers and do not want to lose them.

If it is necessary, in case someone does not believe it, I put the email that they have sent me (one of them) where he tells me this and more ...

6. Dave Jones

Dave Jones New Member

It is never wise to buy technology that is available. You should always wait for a new model to come out.

Especially if the model has been on the market for almost two years!

7. Joe Kaczorowski

Joe Kaczorowski New Member

Freefly will be receiving an email from me today as well. I have waited to say anything because I have been trying to let everything sink in. I know that it's never a good idea, and always risky to buy technology, but a company suck as Freefly relies on people's willingness to buy technology. I didn't just purchase, my m15 but I still haven't full recouped it's cost and now it is basically worthless, both for sale and as a rental item. If this was the first time something like this has happened, it would be one thing but Freefly Systems seem to have made a habit of it. It is a slap in the face to customers who have invested 10's of thousands of dollars. To that fact, it is these customers who have allowed them to continue to release great products at cheaper price points. If they abandon loyal customers who have made large investments, in favor of undercutting the market to get new customers, eventually their new customers will catch on and they will lose out in the end.

I write this because I love what Freefly Systems creates! However, I have huge reservations about continuing to invest in them with this product release business model. Lastly, I would like to add that while they have added an incredible amount of RED integration into the MōVI pro, they have left out what makes Red Cameras stick out among the rest. RED makes an incredible product, just like Freefly. But RED has eliminated a huge amount of the inherent risk in this market et with an upgrade path like no other. In fact, you can STILL trade up a RED One Mysterium for 10k dollars off of a new camera!

I strongly urge Freefly Systems to adopt some sort of program for those of us who have invested heavily in their products thus adding to their success and continued release of amazing products. Otherwise, I fear they too will race to the bottom with all their competitors, having to release inferior junk at lower prices in order to keep up! Please keep being incredible Freefly, please continue to be the elite, please take care of your customers who have recognized those great qualities of your product!

Respectfully,
    Joe Kaczorowski
    Abel Cine Certified MōVI operator, renter, tech and FAA licensed Remote Pilot.

lee seung kyu and Ruben Moreno like this.
  8. Ruben Moreno

Ruben Moreno Member

So if it's for you we never buy ..... because there will always be a new product about to go on sale ....

9. Ruben Moreno

Ruben Moreno Member

They have sunk me, I have an M10 that is 3-4 years old, and I bought in September the M15 to start working with the best and now they ask me the Movi PRO that went on sale 6 weeks after buying my M15 .

The worst of all, is that when they put Movi Pro on sale, they have stopped making the M15, and that has made people only want the Movi Pro and has caused a devaluation of the M15 below half of its Price ..... and of all that Freefly was aware that it was going to happen and despite that, they did not warn customers that they bought the last units of M15 that Freefly was selling .....That's fooling customers conscientiously ....And that over here has a very clear name ....

10. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Damn, Ruben, I certainly feel for you and understand why you'd be upset. It's easy to say, 'you still have a great, working M15, which you were happy to purchase at the time', but you still have to spend money on accessories, and batteries, and cables, and controllers -- and a lot of that won't work or be needed on the Pro if you ever decide to upgrade.

Freefly had a Flash Sale for 2 days in August on M15's, when they were $5000. At that point, I thought 'Oh, good time to buy an M15 if anyone wants one'. I even thought about buying one as a backup. I was fortunate that some people on Red User mentioned Freefly probably had something up their sleeve coming soon, and it started to make sense. I also noticed that M15's weren't available during all of October.

I can understand Freefly's point of view -- if they announce too early, other companies will copy them before they have a chance to market and sell enough gimbals to recoup the R&D. They're a small company compared to their competitors. I'm not sure how early they could have announced that would have made you happy.

I also don't think Tabb and Freefly realized how popular this new gimbal would be. They might have thought it was just an incremental improvement on the M15.

I've owned an M15 for a year, and I'm just beyond the point of being satisfied having to buy the Pro. Even if I'd bought in April or May, it might sting. The M15 itself has been a financial success for me, but all the accessories will take much longer to pay off. I'm excited about the Pro, but even the name 'Pro' is going to hurt business on the M15, because it's apparently not 'Pro' equipment. Again, I can see their point of view in bringing out the best and most amazing gimbal ever, in order to sell a lot of them.

Fortunately, the Pro isn't as expensive as the M15, and I think this is an introductory price that may go up later. Not sure if that will make you feel better, if the price eventually goes up.

Out of curiosity, how long before the reveal of the Pro do you think Freefly should have announced 'We have a new gimbal coming'? They essentially gave people a month, because they stopped selling M15's in October and made the M10's really cheap (or free to Alta customers). And having a Flash Sale on M15's might have been a red flag, although I admit I didn't totally see it.

Freefly probably should have kept the M15 at the Flash Sale price from August, instead of raising it back up to $9000. Or maybe offer some store credit to recent buyers.

#10 Graham Futerfas, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Ruben Moreno likes this.
  11. Christer Dahl

Christer Dahl Member

I totally agree!
    If you ask specifically 6 weeks before and they categorically said no, thats really lame, and not very loyal.
    They could at least said "i cannot tell you anything yet, but i recommend you to wait a couple of weeks more if you can"

12. Christer Dahl

Christer Dahl Member

Stupidest thing i ever heard.
    So when you need something new, you sit and wait month after month in case some new product suddenly pops out?
    Its three years or so since M5 came out, how long should i wait for a new release there? ;)

Ruben Moreno likes this.
  13. Ruben Moreno

Ruben Moreno Member

At least 2-3 months before, in my opinion. Or simply during those 2-3 months stop selling the M15 and M10 (the Movi they will stop making).

14. Ruben Moreno

Ruben Moreno Member

We asked that at the end of July. But they could have told us what you said. "i cannot tell you anything yet, but i recommend you to wait a couple of weeks more if you can"

15. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Its less about the gear and more about the operator (there will always be something newer and better).
    Use your M15 to the best of your ability and you should be able to pay that thing off in no time :)
    I do think Freefly should come up with a M15 pan motor upgrade cuz it sucks on a moving vehicle like a drone!

Chris Jordan likes this.
  16. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

A lot of whining here, but only because they want what they can't have. A "M15", that's shinier, and has new features, but is THE SAME tool. The M15 is world class, and the Movi Pro is world class. Honestly, Stop whining and go work. go earn the Movi pro. Tantrums don't do anyone good. Earn your way. Just bought a M15 and feel duped? Understandable feeling, but it's not reality. But none the less, go make money with it or create with it. No production is going to care if you have the Pro or the 15. They care you have a Movi, not an off brand copy. Heck I just my M15 on a BIG commercial for a competitor's product. YEAH! Why? Because it's the best.

Have you mastered it yet? If not, go master it and by that time you'll be ready for the Movi Pro II next year.

Also, spring and late fall are ALWAYS product launch seasons. Iphones, cameras, computers etc. Always.

3-month-heads up for a product coming? Are you serious, or just teasin... Cause that's ridiculous. Gah. I see so many "film makers" caring so much about the name of their gear, or the next best thing, and they never learn to even do their trade. and, they want it all now. Were you in the industry when a steadi cam was $7000-$14,000k? A vest, springs and some padding. And you've got what not more than a few months ago, was the BEST gimbal in the world! But it's not enough. You want the new new one. And you want it now. Gosh Tabb, how could yo ugo and make something better without a personal invitation to each and every owner ever... The humanity of it all..

Look at Motion State boys. They earned their way every step. They own any gear you can dream of, and all because they earned it. They don't say much, they just get the job done. THAT'S why Freefly sends them stuff like the Movi pro to test out, and go kill it for them.

Be grateful you have something that didn't cost more. The best lesson I can share (on my self-righteous soapbox of course) is be humble and quiet and go to work. Observe the best in the industry, and advance on it. But mostly, be humble and quiet. I learned this lesson the hard way. But I learned it ;)

I'm tired - forgive me: My "I slaved through rigging a bike wheel to a DVX-100, taped and wired under a single rotor with servos era " whine sometimes get's out of control. I guess we all whine don't we. ;)

17. Ruben Moreno

Ruben Moreno Member

Dear Chris,

Here nobody whines because he got up wanting to whine, here is asked to do things well, anyway, I think that you are not who to tell me what I should do or what I should not do and how I should do . You also do not know for what purpose we have bought the M15, so, better you read more and write less nonsense, that we are older ..

On the other hand, who says I can not buy the Movi Pro ?, simply with this customer treatment I do not buy Freefly anymore, in fact, if you were a little more ready you would have realized that I sell everything I have Freefly...

I will never be grateful for something I bought, are you kidding? I see that you are NOT impartial and you are not serious. I'll act like I have not read you ;).

I fight for what I think is fair and if you do not like it, you are in your right, but do not tell me what I should or should not do ....

Best regards ;).

18. Ruben Moreno

Ruben Moreno Member

With the Movi Pro you save the WEDGE, it has double the force in the pan motor (I usually use it for aerial filming) ... so it is also the gear ....

19. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

Just as you've requested, I'm respecting your opinion - And would never tell you what to do.. only share my own opinion of what I think anyone should do. I also said I understand how you "Feel." I've been there. But, complaining here on the forum won't do anything for you. What anyone "thinks" is fair doesn't actually make it fair. Picketing and riots won't fix the government, nor anything else. It's temporary. Look down the line of other releases here on the forum. On ANY brand. There's these feelings shared that you've shared every time. Slow, quiet and hard work behind the scenes will. In time. And I did say I was ranting and tired...;) I never do, I'm a nice dude. But I "felt" like I should.

In patience. Just my 2 cents. Have a great day!

20. Ruben Moreno

Ruben Moreno Member

Let's say that according to you people should shut up and look the other way, then with me you have it difficult. Complaining about unfair things has nothing to do with fixing up governments or riots, being a little more realistic and fair ....

Finally, I have not opened the thread to discuss with you, even if you like, just to know what will happen to the Freefly clients that are in my situation ... and I am glad, really, that you are not in my situation , because you do not know what my situation is either ....

Best regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.