/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 no start up after 3 green LED's

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Kevin Riley, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Kevin Riley

Kevin Riley New Member

M5 showing no signs of life after 3 green LED's for 2 seconds. Tried fresh batteries. Checked cables. Looking for pointers.

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

i think a cable has come loose somewhere. try taking of the inspection covers and a see what you find?

3. Kevin Riley

Kevin Riley New Member

Thanks Jason - tried this but no go

4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

If i couldnt find any split cables or broken ones then. MY last resort would be to find a battery that i knew was good and tested it or send a email to http://freeflysystems.com/contact and see what they say

5. Kevin Riley

Kevin Riley New Member

Thanks Jason, I have 4 batteries - all fairly new and fully charged and used a volt checker. Yes - I am having ongoing e-mails with freefly support - wish I had better news but the sun is setting on this day - thats probably the best I could hope for.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Kevin: Was the MoVI just hanging limp like it had not received any configuration settings, or were the motors energized and simply not stabilizing?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

7. Kevin Riley

Kevin Riley New Member

The rig was just limp with no energy to the motors at all

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmm. I know this sounds strange but that's what happens right after a firmware upgrade (just as an example), before you do an autotune. If you can communicate with it via the App. it might be worth trying an autotune. I presume you've checked that you controller's kill switch is off? (Sorry for such obvious suggestions -- I don't mean to imply lack of diligence on your part, it's more bafflement on mine!)

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone ExperT

9. Kevin Riley

Kevin Riley New Member

No firmware upgrade involved. Just a battery change between takes. Also no controller involved - just Majestic Mode. Have undertaken all steps as requested by Freefly and am now awaiting return details.

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Understood. I realize you didn't actually do a firmware upgrade -- but the behavior you're reporting sounds identical. I infer that doing a Autotune either isn't feasible or that it didn't fix the issue, right?

The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

11. Kevin Riley

Kevin Riley New Member

Correct - Autotune was not possible.

12. Justin albert

Justin albert New Member

Anyone clear this up? I'm basically having an identical issue.

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Justin:
    I presume you've read through the postings above and therefore haven't just done a firmware upgrade and have checked on the cables, then it "email to Freefly time," I'm afraid. support@freeflysystems.com.

Andy