/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mounting MōVI on tripod

Discussion in 'MōVI FAQ - Tips and Tricks' started by Brady Nielsen, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Brady Nielsen

Brady Nielsen New Member

My MōVI M5 is coming in the mail today! I'm wanting to mount it on a tripod but it's unclear exactly what I'll need to do this. I know a Ninja Star is required but do I need a Toad and/or a Toad In The Hole? I'm not sure if these are required or if it just makes it more convenient to mount/unmount the MōVI on the tripod.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Brady. Yes, a ninja star and a toad in the hole male. Does your M5 come with a Toad female or do you have to add it? Not sure how they ship them these days.

3. Evan Ledwith

Evan Ledwith New Member

So we need both the Toad and the Star?
    I just bought a Movi M5 second hand from someone who upgraded to a 15, and I spend just about every penny on it. I love the thing, but I really want to use it for timelapses. What is the absolutely cheapest way to stick this thing on a tripod short of duct tape? I dont have the 300+ dollars for the ninja star and the toad.

4. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

For a cheap dirty way, why not just hang on the movi stand on a c-stand? And side note, Ninja Star is $135 and toad is $75.

5. Evan Ledwith

Evan Ledwith New Member

C-stand. Why Did I not think about that. Thanks. I'm gonna do that.

On the freefly website, it lists the Toad in the hole as 299, and the star as 135. (The movi still doesn't ship with the toad, and the the second hand one I bought doesn't have either side, male of female. Unless you've found it cheaper...)

6. Rob Ruscher and Graham Futerfas like this.
  7. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

Yeah thats the kit. You pop off the M5 from the handle then attach it to a toad (http://store.freeflysystems.com/col.../products/toad-without-the-hole-quick-release) on the Ninja star which can me attached your tripod (or really anything)

The new toad on a stick is a very quick way to get your movi on a cstand (http://store.freeflysystems.com/col.../products/toad-without-the-hole-quick-release) but if you're trying to save money, you can just throw your stand on a cstand and work it that way