/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by SeBaStIaN BArrEtT, Nov 2, 2016.

1. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

welp, now we know why they were handing out free @#$% last month. . . .you got us. Now to see the fallout. looks good tho. while proprietary everything is scary, price-point is pretty incredible. Who is buying? and who wants my new, free m10 lol. I am assuming this works with the movi controller? Tho it will be difficult to justify spending 10,000$ on the controller, wedge, motors, and cables when you can just use the mimic and the cinegears 4,000$ wireless lens motors controller.11k versus 17k. Well, more than 17k because you will likely still want an dedicated focus puller.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I'm in on the Pro -- it looks awesome! -- but hope they'll set up a separate forum section soon to start the discussions.

Expensive as it is, the price is a lot lower than I expected. I don't use a Movi Controller with my M15, so we'll see if I have to eventually convert to using it. I have a lot of 3rd party gear - Bartech focus, Tomahawk wireless video, PLC Electronics wheels, Ready Rig vest, etc. Hopefully it will all integrate.

I'm keeping my M15 because I use the Movi so much that it makes sense to have a backup rig in case something breaks.

Very excited about the new gimbal! 2 second boot-time, improved Auto Tune, hot swap batteries... Can't wait to try it out!

3. Ryan Hawley

Ryan Hawley Member

Totally agree Graham. Very exciting times, and it makes having a professional back-up rig affordable for a lot of users.
    My only question is, since the M10 and M15 are no longer showing on Freefly's main site (most likely as the MoviPro makes them "obsolete") is the support going to remain for those rigs? I believe so, and sure hope so.

4. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

It will probably take them sometime to recover all the spare parts they probably just sold last month, but I really doubt they will eliminate support for their older products. . . . Too much competition, and the thing setting freefly apart right now is they actually respond, regardless of how long it takes. Doubt they want to jeopardize that reputation.

My only concern with this new rig.. . . My fs7 runs at 19v. They are showing 12-14 on the movi pro dtap out for the camera.

While I know I own a power hungry outlier, still a bummer if this is not functional with my main body. I love the video, and obviously the photos, my Nikon d810 and d5 put out, but being forced to keep the fs7 on the m10, or run a battery per usual, would be a bummer.

I second your thoughts graham, both about the section for movi pro posts, as well as keeping the m10 as backup. I actually find that I like running both my aerial cams and a grounded gimbal for lots of shots when I have the tools at my disposal, so I'm sure it will get a ton of use, tho I'm sure once I compare the battery workflow. . . . Movi pro for the win.

5. Ryan Hamelin

Ryan Hamelin Member

Sebastian, you seem to be one of the lucky ones. In the past I've had to run FS7s off of their own battery power just to counterweight for larger lenses. It would, however, appear that you won't be able to run the camera off of the P-Tap port on the MoViPro.

6. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Good point about the lens. And I figured i could not run it anyways because of power limitations, so thanks for taking time for responding to what we both understood to be silly questions.

7. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

19V, really? Where did you get that from? It's 14.4v no?

8. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Well ur right that I'm wrong. I guess I saw that fs7 operates at 19w, not 19v. 14.4v is the bpu battery output I think, not sure. It says that it actually operates at 12v on manual. Sorry for misinformation