/dist/images/branding/favicon

Help w finishing my rig!

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by anthonysneed, Oct 4, 2016.

1. anthonysneed

anthonysneed Member

I need to be pointed in the right direction with that else to purchase to finish my rig.

I have a new MōVI, a Blackmagic 4K production cam w Zeiss CP.2s and Xeen cineprimes. Since the battery on the BM is bad I bought Sony Batteries to mount on the top bar so that's squared away. I also have a monitor mounted to the top bar.

So I have a movi controller and want to be able to control the focus and possibly zoom.

All I need are the motors and something like the wedge correct?

Also if I want to send a wireless video feed to the controller what would I need for that?

I have a friend wanting to sell me a Red Rock Micro wireless follow focus but I'm not sure if I need the entire thing and not just the motor.

Also any recommendations for rails and a camera mount to hook up the focus motors?

Also what's the deal with the mimic?

Sorry so many questions I've tried looking but there's too much out there, I don't want to waste $ buying the wrong things .

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

3. anthonysneed

anthonysneed Member

perhaps I should break my post into a few questions unless anyone can help still?

4. Roy Mills

Roy Mills New Member

I use this company for wireless transmitters - http://www.paralinx.net you should find a suitable product for your application.

In regards to wether or not you need the whole redrock system, i have a hunch that you only need the motor if you have the Wedge.

Dont worry about the slow replies, theres many knowledgable people here, most are working pros and as soon as they have a minute I'm certain someone else will join me in giving you advice.

Take care

5. anthonysneed

anthonysneed Member

Hey Roy thanks so much for your reply! Is there a separate motor you'd recommend that isn't redrock that's reliable and not too expensive? Also can I buy two of the same for zoom and focus?

#5 anthonysneed, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016