/dist/images/branding/favicon

M15, X8 Wobbling

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Chris Lethbridge, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Chris Lethbridge

Chris Lethbridge New Member

Hello everyone.

Could someone please help me out with an issue regarding my M15 on an X8. I'm experiencing some wobbling, particularly on the pan axis, and even sometimes an occasional lapse in the tilt axis (see video).

All of the bolts/latches are tight, the gimbal is balanced correctly, the stiffness settings should be adequate. On the ground the gimbal seems to work fine but once in the air, it's a different story.

In the video I'm tacking backwards and forwards gently, and you can see small wobbling. The gimbal is carrying a RED Epic. I can't see any visible vibration on the actual aircraft. All props are balanced and everything is secure.

The aircraft kicks out a lot of thrust - but X8s of this size generally do. I've seen plenty of people fly with big X8s and Movi M15s so it must work for them.

I've also tried increasing the hold strength but haven't really seen any improvement.

password: 1234

(It helps to watch it full screen!)

Please let me know what you think, thanks.

2. Chris Lethbridge

Also I can get my pan stiffness to about 400 without any oscillation - surely something's wrong here?!

Anyone?

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Chris I'd suggest doing a reset to factory default settings, write those to the M15, and then start over.

4. Chris Lethbridge

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Does 350-ish pan stiffness sound right for an M15 with red epic, v-lock battery and small lens in your experience?