/dist/images/branding/favicon

M15 wifi adapter difficulty

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Miguel Mantecon, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Miguel Mantecon

Miguel Mantecon New Member

hey all,

Just installed the wifi adapter to an m15. Powered on the movi and the ios app recognizes the wifi channel which registers on my iphone display but I have no control over the movi itself/no monitor readings.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Miguel: Which versions of the M15 and iOS app are you using?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Miguel Mantecon

Running Akira v5.0.1 and v2.1 on the ios app

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks -- I saw your other posting regarding the VCP drivers -- I'm starting to wonder (as a Mac person myself), whether the issue is with the Mac and the driver stacks. Do you happen to have another Mac available to you that you could try? Alternatively (and I had to do this myself once), boot into Recovery Mode and re-install the operating system -- it doesn't overwrite any of the apps that you've installed, but it might fix the problem that I suspect your having with the WiFi and VCP drivers. It's just speculation on my part, my sometimes that's all one has to go on! :)

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Miguel Mantecon

My iphone can pick up the wifi signal yet the top reads "0.0v(batt) ---(status) 1(warnings)" and I have no control over the movi because it says no device is connected. Shouldn't i be able to connect to the movi regardless of what my mac is doing?

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Miguel:

It's hard to diagnose these kinds of problems via text postings, I'm afraid, so let me ask you some basic questions.

Could you clarify that, when you say your iphone can "pick up the WiFi signal," do you mean that in Settings -> WiFi, you can see the "station ID" (aka SSID) for the WiFi Adapter under Settings -> WiFi -> Choose a Network?

When you tap on the WiFi Adapter's SSID under Choose a Network, do you then see the WiFi Adapter's SSID at the top of that same screen with a check-mark to the left of it? (Indicating that the iPhone is now connected correctly to the WiFi Adapter.)

Thanks
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  7. Miguel Mantecon

That is correct. Even after I select the SSID in the wifi menu and my phone connects, still no control.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Ok. So the next thing in the chain is the wiring between the Wifi Adapter and the MoVI.
    Could you post an image of how you have the WiFi adapter connected to the MoVI please?

Thanks
    Andy.

The Ground Is The Limit™

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  9. Miguel Mantecon

Sorry for the delay. So as the instructions say i just unplugged the movi controller rx and put the wifi receiver in its place using the same 5 pin cable.
    IMG_4952.JPG IMG_4951.JPG

10. G M D THREE

G M D THREE New Member

I have the exact same issue. Connected the WiFi adapter to the M15 with the 5 pin cable, (replacing the Movi Controller receiver)
    I can see the the Freely-xxxx on WiFi, connecting to it, opening the app, even it shows the Freefly-xxxx in the app next to WiFi icon, but when I tap on it, it says device not connected. I get the same screen as Miguel: "0.0v(batt) ---(status) 1(warnings)"

Movi is on Firmware 5.0.1 iOS device, iPhone 6, is up to date as well. Any inside on the issue would be very helpful.

11. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

12. G M D THREE

G M D THREE New Member

Dear Gary, than you kindly for questining the legitemecy of my name. I don't know what I could do to insure that I am who I clame to be.
    Feel free to look me me. I have a linked in profile, I run a studio in NYC under my name and so on. Call the studio ask my producer what my name is. Frankly I am used to being bulied out of forums because my name does not conform to the norm.

To get back on topic, I am still looking for an answer how to solve the problem with the wifi adapter on my movi m15.

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

GMD: A condition of using this forum is that every forum member uses their real personal first name and last name. The issue is not whether you are who you say you are (there is obviously no doubt about that in your case! :) ), but whether the other forum users know your real name.

I will be happy to change your user name to Detelin Bonev for you if you're experiencing difficulties doing so.

Thanks
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

Chris Harrison likes this.
  14. Paul Hara

Paul Hara New Member

I have the same issue with my M5. I bet it has the same fix. Did this problem ever get resolved before it dissolved into a discussion about naming conventions?

15. Chuy Valadez

Chuy Valadez New Member

I'm having the exact same issue. Any progress on this?

16. Chuy Valadez

Chuy Valadez New Member

Figured it out.

Connect to the MoVI via Bluetooth with your Android phone or tablet (I'm guessing the Mac or PC app will work as well, I just did it with my Android tablet)

Go to:

Configurations > General > Expert > Aux Port: Select UART

Then:

Configurations > Dual Op > Controller: Select anything other than MoVI Controller (I chose SBUS)

Then the iOS app connected. I was able to run autotune and all the other usual settings. That Aux Port setting is not available on the iOS app.

17. Paul Hara

Paul Hara New Member

Chuy,
    That worked!!!
    Finally my iPhone can control my MōVI. I was worried that my WiFi adapter was a waste of money!
    Thanks much,
    Paul

18. Chuy Valadez

Chuy Valadez New Member

19. Taylor Harris

Taylor Harris New Member

This did not work for me. Are there any other solutions that someone can think of?

20. Chuy Valadez

Chuy Valadez New Member

Have you recently upgraded to the latest iOS? If so, you're out of luck for the time being until (if) Freefly updates the M15 app. If you can backgrade your phone, I'd suggest doing that. Otherwise, buy the cheapest iPod touch you can find on ebay or elsewhere that hasn't been upgraded and load the M15 app on that.