/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mikrokopter's new flight controller: V3.0

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Ozkan Erden, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

This is Holgers answer to those that need more than 5 pound payloads. Just goes to show how out of touch he is to the markets needs. I would love to see him do a compass calibration on that.

2. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

Looks like he is trying to compete with the likes of that massive Kopterworx bird and Gryphon's XM2. Yeah I bet compass calibration is a bitch. I noticed that he shifting away from AP and looks like focusing more on the industrial applications on their website. Some of these companies that are making these massive machines are almost making the use of a multi pointless. If you make so big, at some point it will be more cost effective just to use a real helicopter.

Its funny that they built that frame now. It is in the opposite direction of their cheapish aluminum Octo XL frame that they sold for years.

3. Don LeRoi

Don LeRoi New Member

Late to jump in here, but yes, I've just finished my first FC V3.0 build. I absolutely agree that the camera log is a game changer, although I would like to have pitch and role logged, too. I've asked H&I to add those. We'll see. As for GPSs, I've always thought MK was out in front of the competition and the V3 is no exception.

4. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Cool! What kind of rig did you build? Some pretty pictures, please?

We have found an elegant work-around from the GPS logs for grabbing shutter data, so less enthused about the camera log. Really would prefer to have MAVLINK from the FC so we can write out GPS data streams to the EXIF header in the images of the cameras. MAVLINK is widely supported. We've actually started flying Pixhawk with GNSS systems on our Movi rigs to feed our cameras MAVLINK data. Not as elegant as picking up a GPS stream from the MK boards, but this works till Holger feeds us MAVLINK some day?

We love the GPS system on our Cinestar frame as we mostly do autonomous work and as far as we can tell, with maybe the exception of DJI, no one comes close ATM. We are *watching* DJI but can't get over the proprietary battery solution - think that's a real issue. We talked to DJI this week and realized we'd need... wait for it... 96 batteries for a typical day of work! LOL That's ridiculous.

5. Julian Berger

Julian Berger New Member

Why does no one use an Arducopter (Pixhawk, soon Pixhawk2) based system on their high tier crafts? I really like the open source aspect of it...

#25 Julian Berger, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  6. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Maybe cause there isn't enough testing for high-end rigs to use the Pixhawk? Although we do fly our drones with Pixhawk units, but all they do is feed MAVLINK signals to some of our data acquisition systems on board the drone. Never even contemplated allowing the Pixhawk to control the drone.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Juli112, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Thanks

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Julian Berger likes this.