/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Controller Follow Focus Upgrade Kit with RedRock Micro

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Roger Fosaas, May 13, 2016.

1. Roger Fosaas

Roger Fosaas New Member

Hey is there anyone who can help me? :)
    Bought Movi Controller Follow Focus Upgrade Kit with RedRock Micro.

The problem is that the focus wheel on MOVI Controller not cover the entire area of focus.

I turn the wheel from one side to the other so this represents only 20-30% of the entire focusing range.

What have I done wrong? :)

2. Charles Bergquist

Make sure that you're on the most recent firmware for your MoVI Controller. Go to Aux Input / Port and select Microremote 3 and press to select it. It will work then. Also, after every reboot of the controller you'll have to select and "initiate" it again to have it regain control. Hope that helps you out.

3. Roger Fosaas

Roger Fosaas New Member

Finds only Microremote, not Microremote 3?

4. Charles Bergquist

You'll have to update your movi controller to the latest firmware as well as the movi you're using.

http://freeflysystems.com/software-manuals/beta/software-by-product

Make sure you get to MoVI Controller 2.2 Beta Software.

Unfortunately to get it to recognize new firmware on other stuff ( MicroRemote ) you'll have to use Beta software.

It does work pretty well, and I've used it on a lot of work recently. It has it's glitches but overall it's pretty stable for both MoVI and MoVI controller.

Roger Fosaas likes this.
  5. Roger Fosaas

Roger Fosaas New Member

Thanks for helping Charles !! Updated MOVI Controller, and then everything seemed as it should! THANKS FOR THE HELP!!! :)

6. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

When I tested this the other day with our gear in support, I was able to make the setting stick between power cycles.

When you scroll to microRemote 3, make sure you click set (down on the right dial) and go up to action and save it, too.

Roger Fosaas likes this.
  7. Charles Bergquist

Yep, I click and do a save, it will not hold for me on my MoVI Controller.

8. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

I powered ours on this morning and it was still on microRemote 3. I set and saved it Axis 1, power cycled, and repeated setting it to microRemote 3. It stayed on whatever I set it to each time.

I would suggest re-flashing 2.2.2 onto the Controller, to see if that solves the issue, as I would imagine it is annoying to change that setting each time. I'll also mention it to our MōVI Controller developer, in case it's a bug that can be squashed.