/dist/images/branding/favicon

UAV & MOVI M5 - is this as good as it gets?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Jason North, May 10, 2016.

1. Jason North

Jason North New Member

Hi fellow Movi users;

I'm keen for someone to take a look at this video I shot today to tell me if there's anything else I can do to get this thing rock solid. All the info and an inlay of a pilot cam is included in the link.

My thoughts: It's getting close but is nowhere near the stabilization of a Zero UAV Z1400 gimbal I have, which is near perfect. The micro vibes(?) are annoying to me and get worse in wind. I live in a top 10 windiest city kind of deal... Could it be the MR legs? They'd have to have a fair bit of resistance, but a retractable system is not really an option for me..

I have done a lot of reading, and a lot of trial and error runs and I think I'm at the end of what I can do on my own here. Specifically: beyond tuning, and re-tuning, Ive updated the firmware, gone through three very expensive sets of anti-vibes (rubber balls, freefly dampeners, and finally a steelwire system - which is the clear winner). Ive increased the length of the booms significantly, and much more..

Yesterday I also tried a larger camera being a Nikon D810 with a heavyish lens (1.6kg all up) and it still wasnt rock solid - although I must admit with this I just did auto tune, then went for a fly.

I just feel I cant devote hours upon hours, tuning, then flying, then reveiwing, etc.

Ps, I'm aware that the pilot cam has jello in it. It is mounted with double sided tape on the top plate at the very front so I was always expecting that to have jello.

Please help?! Or maybe this is as good as it gets? I dont know.
    Many thanks in advance,
    Jason

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Do a search on the GH4. Correction for a lot of folks is to add more weight to the camera as it is to light. Steve Maller posted some images of how he addressed the problem.

3. Jason North

Jason North New Member

And what about 1.6kg? Is that also too light? As that had more shakes than the current video.
    The movi m5 is about stabilising small cameras up to 2.2kg - so what is the minimum weight here? I was hoping someone might be able to give me more of a diagnosis and help rather than just point to a post about adding weight to the cage.
    This was an expensive investment and it is frustrating to get such a reply.