/dist/images/branding/favicon

BALANCE - Shot with ALTA 8 and M15

Discussion in 'ALTA Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Tim Sessler, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Tim Sessler

Tim Sessler Active Member

2. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

wow!!!!!!!! this really is the best multirotor footage i've seen so far!
    did you stabilize the helicopter and/or ALTA footage in post?

3. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Tim, just amazing!

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Whoa!

Hey Tim: How did you embed the video clip on the forum page -- there doesn't appear to be a way (using Chrome/OS X) to watch the video either on Vimeo itself or switch to full screen....and the imagery deserves that! :)

Thanks
    Andy
    ----------
    Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Tim Sessler

Wow - thanks Rolf!! Both the heli and ALTA footage came pretty much perfect straight out of the camera, no need to stabilize. That being said for a couple shots (the extreme rolls) I got some oscillation, which was easy to fix. Also I ran the Vertigo shots through a stabilizer - not that they needed it in terms of the stability but to smooth out the zoom and fix any operating issues.

Thanks again for your kind words!

Cheers!
    Tim

6. Tim Sessler

You're right Andy - I embedded the clip using the "Media" button and just inserted the vimeo URL. Its displayed correctly on my website. I just activated the Vimeo button - but the fullscreen button still doesnt show up. Must be a forum issue?!

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ahhhhh.....but now I can watch it directly via Vimeo on a 30" display with the audio cranked up.....

Really amazing how the camera dutching changes one's perception....and love the contradiction between the high rise grave stones and the high rise city!

Andy.

----------
    Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

8. Mark Hoffman

Mark Hoffman Active Member

Hats off and pants down. Nice stuff Tim!

9. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

thanks, Tim! i run all my footage through the stabilizer with minimal crop (1% or less) whether thy need it or not.
    the Vertigo shots are very impressive! it's great to see that the tilt motor of the MoVI can handle it! i hope to get the wedge soon to give it a try.