/dist/images/branding/favicon

DJI OR MK

Discussion in 'Cinestar 6' started by Eden Tam, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Marc BRACELET

Marc BRACELET Active Member

Hi Sylvio, i fly with WKM since last year and never had such woobling problem, wookong M in windy conditions is just incredible but you have to fine tune it...!!! (Gain, center of gravity, compass qualibration......) generally people let MK for WKM but rarely WKM for MK.
    With WKM i fell safer. And even if there were some problems with the GPS, everything is ok now. Firmwares continue to change the unit to flight in better conditions.:cool:

So it' s just a question of preference but for me, WKM fly very very smooth, "clean" and sure i' ll never return to MK.;)

2. Daniel Delaunay

Yep, all the correct data on parameters and fine tuning wkm is very important and will give you great results. Another thing that helps a lot in windy conditions, specially with WK, are faster motors with smaller propellers. It will feel rock solid, but you will loose some efficiency resulting in less air time per battery charge. And remember to use Radian or some other stand alone gimbal control if you are not using Zenmuse.

3. Sylvio Rangel

Sylvio Rangel Member

Daniel and Marc, that's really good news to hear...as being experienced RC pilot but ZERO experience in multi rotors, I've got no references to compare. All I have seen is my own Cinestar8!!!! I would appreciate some infos and tips.

Also, I have a little Yaw drift to the right. Trims, Subtrims are "0".
    Motors look straight up...+- 0,2o tolerance measured with i-level (iPhone)...all referenced to Battery Plate.
    I noticed some motors are hotter than others...possibly caused by cross wind.

Here is my Setup:
    No Compass/GPS set yet...leaving that for the next step, after finally setting the gains.
    IMU fixed on central plate (3M silicone double sided tape)
    Roll/Pitch Gains 165
    Yaw 100
    Vertical 160
    Carbon props 14x4,7 (I don't have anything smaller right now).
    FFS-3328 motors
    Turnigy Multistar 45a (These are new and I couldn't find many users to share experiences).

With a 3-axisGimbal, Canon 7D/17-55mm and Zippy-5s-8000 it drains 4.500mah in 4,5min...1A/min.

I will upload a video shot without any gimbal stabilization (Radians are not installed yet).

Would be great if you take a look...Maybe the WKM is doing great while I am frustrated thinking it's not!!!!
    I will send the Vimeo Link as soon as I finish the upload.

Tks.

4. Marc BRACELET

Give a try and tell me what you' re thinking about these settings, they give me very good results in video and you will not recognize your machine after assets in wookong, everything become so smooth...Important, to have the same motors temp don' t forget to put your "motor idle speed to" MAX in the soft assistant...Pay attention to your center of gravity for the gps and IMU position

Settings are :

Basic Gains: 175,125,175,75
    Attitude Gains: 65,65

Give a try and tell me what you' re thinking about it.;)

5. Sylvio Rangel

Sylvio Rangel Member

Great Marc....I will try these tomorrow.
    You have different gains for Pitch and Roll...shouldn't they be equal?
    My Yaw is around 130 (not sure)....maybe that's causing the Yaw drift.

Here is my Raw footage from onboard 7D. Gimbal wasn't working...so no stabilization at all. Video shows all Cinestar movements and shakes.
    https://vimeo.com/56294389

A little wind...see the flag...
    Is that acceptable?

6. Marc BRACELET

Sylvio, can you give me exactly your configuration, motors, ESC...

Yes absolutely normal...:cool:

So i don't know if it's an "audio problem" but your motors make a very bad pumping noise...:eek:

First, try the sets i' ve given to you and tell me more about your config.

Marc.

7. Sylvio Rangel

Sylvio Rangel Member

Motors FFS-3328
    ESC Turnigy Multistar 45a. Timming auto / Brakes Off.
    Lipo Zippy 5s 8000.
    Props carbon 14x4,7

8. Daniel Delaunay

Sylvio, It's also important that you do the magnetic declination compensation on your GPS position to fix yaw issues. You can find it here:
    http://magnetic-declination.com
    You will have to move the front arrow of your GPS relative to the degrees of you location. Negative will be left turn compensation (anticlockwise) and positive you turn it to the right (clockwise).
    And I always do the compass calibration procedure every time I change any electronics position on the frame or fly in a different location. That makes a big difference in WK behaviour.
    Don't forget to do the calibration when all electronics and camera are on as they can later interfere in your calibration if they are not accounted for.

9. Sylvio Rangel

Sylvio Rangel Member

10. Sylvio Rangel

Sylvio Rangel Member

I didn't set GPS yet. It's not even connected. Just flying Atti untill I get the basic settup right!

11. Marc BRACELET

First i see you have Turnigy Multistar, i think you can Reflash them with this tool to put the SimonK firmware in your ESC, take a look at the benefit of this (watch the video...!!!).
    So be carrefull with your ESC, they are also limit with amps...!!!, with your motor config, you should run 50 or 60 amps ESC for security, don' t forget you have to carry some weight with 7D, 3 Axes Gimbal... Are your ESC hot after a flight...?

12. Marc BRACELET

Motors are good but ESC are "dangerous" in 45 Amps, if you want total security, fly with Castle creation ice 50 Amp (or for low budget 60 Amps Multistar reflashed but not less...)
    Castle Creation are Perfect..!!!! for the job. they are the "Rolls Royce" of ESC, not less, not more...:cool:

13. Daniel Delaunay

Sorry, forgot you didn't have the GPS connected yet! Marc advice on Castle sounds really good. I have seen many people very happy with them.

14. Sylvio Rangel

Sylvio Rangel Member

Marc, do you think the CC Icelite50 will change the overall stability?
    If so, I think I will get them. I didn't like mine from the very first day anyway!!

About the noise...what do you mean with "pumping"...beside the wind hitting mic...sound was captured by 7D mic...with fixed gain...
    so what you hear is what it really is!
    Perhaps My ESCs aren't fast enough!!! In the field, the motors speed variation were +- coincident with the copter wobbling frequency.

15. Sylvio Rangel

Sylvio Rangel Member

Where can I get the CC at good price in Europe?

16. Sylvio Rangel

Sylvio Rangel Member

Daniel/Marc, what about the propellers...can I keep running the 14x4,7. Could that be my problem?...or the bad guys are the ESCs.
    The Multistar are supposed to be for Multicopters...but I am afraid they are the same old "shingling" stuff with a new tag.

17. Daniel Delaunay

I believe Marc will agree with me as I think you should first focus on getting the best output with what you have in hands before deciding to change any of the parts that you already have, apart maybe for the escs that Marc suggested you to get bigger ones for safety. Gains setup is a zen art that can take days or even weeks to achieve the best possible combination for your needs and stile of flight. After you have done exhaustive tests (take Marc gains as a base as he seems to know well how to setup WK for big birds) and reached the best adjustments you can, then it's safe to decide if it's worth to change any other parts of your system to try a better performance.
    Change each gain parameter slowly at time and test it so you can get the feeling of what makes it better or worst. Some people set some of the gains to the radio pots, so you can do adjustments while in flight and I guess the new iPad bluetooth system DJI released few days ago should be good for that as well.

18. Marc BRACELET

Hola Sylvio...!!!

As Daniel said, before changing any part of your bird, try to do the best with what you have...Change your gains, reflash you ESC, balance your Props and motors, PLUG in you GPS.

I think if there is a part you have to change quickly : These are your ESC

I give you a good and serious address in France (my country) for Castle Creation : Look at this

As i Always said there is no ESC except Castle Creation and SimonK reflashed that are specially made for Multirotor.

Good Luck.

19. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

There its no de dshaker or any stabilization just colorcorrection

Ziv Marom likes this.