/dist/images/branding/favicon

Disappointed!!!

Discussion in 'ALTA 8' started by Roger Fosaas, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Neil Cain

Neil Cain Member

Yeah I did exactly the same. Still have absolutely no idea when the Scarlets will be arriving...is all a bit mysterious. Hold on to that cash!

2. Leo Bund

Leo Bund New Member

Hi Guys
    We use the RT Motion for focus, iris and zoom, its incredible!!! yesterday we flying with a distance between us and the Aerigon of around 450merters.... no problem with reception on all three channels. Also super light weight.

Aj White likes this.
  3. Neil Cain

Neil Cain Member

Hey Leo, I hadn't seen these guys before. After some quick research; they have mixed reviews & the company have a questionable reputation for customer service (historically), they have competitive pricing though. Have you had any issues at all with their stuff?

4. Neil Cain

Neil Cain Member

5. Leo Bund

Leo Bund New Member

Hi Neil
    Other than theres a six week back order - no. They are really well made too, the 3 channel receiver unit is the size of a finger.. and the user menu on the handset is really easy to navigate. Highly recommend it. Also we use it cause it integrates with our Dominion really well.
    http://www.intuitiveaerial.com/dominion/

Neil Cain likes this.
  6. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Has any one try the DJI FF unit and motor I know only 1 unit = 1 motor only

7. Rory Hinds

Rory Hinds Member

That Reflex Motor is the same weight as the Red motor so not saving much there. Its only 23g less than a RedRock motor.
    Am I missing something?

8. Jay Pearl

Jay Pearl New Member

Jose after all my experience with DJI and their customer support I wouldn't touch anything which is branded with DJI name.They thinking is that they make toys not professional tools.You will find that first day of new product is last day for old version "support" even if old version is still full of bugs.

9. Humberto Barchini

Hi Jose! these time I have to desagree with Jay... I´m using it with mi alta, movi10, red setup... and works fantastic!!! 600 meters fliying distance and no ever once it have a glitch... incredible precision and fast configuration... and yes till now only one motor... they said it will support another one chained... but... you never know hahahahaha....

Jason Herring likes this.
  10. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

I have one as well and works great for one channel , the only real problem is when you power down the gimbal and the follow focuse power is off you have to recalibrate the lense.doest take long but is a pain on the job.

11. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

The RT Motion as Leo says is the dogs danglies. I recently had to deal with an issue with my RT system (my fault not theirs) and their customer service was flipping incredible. The reason for iffy rep on service I thinks stems from early days when they were just simply struggling to keep up with demand as a new company.

12. Neil Cain

Neil Cain Member

Hi Angus, do you know the difference between the controller MK3.1 & MK3.1/Z 'with force zoom'? I haven't come across 'force zoom' before & can't find what distinguish's the two on the RT Motion website

13. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

The force zoom bit is the red button you see on the controller. This is a force button ie it doesnt move or if it does very little and instead reacts to the force you apply to it. Some people prefer this way to using a slider or dial due to ease of varying the speeds etc.

14. Olly Meacock

Olly Meacock New Member

No, you're right however the Hocus Products original Motor is comparable to a Preston motor in terms of speed, accuracy, strength and reliability, you can't really compare it to the RedRock....the only downside is the weight of it. If the Reflex is as near to the original as Hocus says then it'll be a home run! Esp when combined with a Wedge+Movi controller ;)

Neil Cain likes this.
  15. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

is the rtmotion motor compatible to the wedge?
    i am thinking of buying the MoVI Controller and wedge with two motors...

16. Olly Meacock

Olly Meacock New Member

Not currently...there have been rumours but nothing to my knowledge, i think the architecture of the motors is somewhat different to the Preston/Heden/Hocus motors with the driver electronics being integrated into the motor and not the Rx unit, hence the 4pin Lemo's and not regular 7pin (which the Wedge is)

17. Jay Pearl

Jay Pearl New Member

Humberto Can you control dji follow focus by lightbridge? is it possible?

18. Humberto Barchini

It is not possible with the LB1, with LB2 almost 99% no either... only with the Inspire1 with a special cable... but you have to connect the FF to the inspire RC then control the focus of the X5 camera only...

19. Aj White

Aj White Member

Super great to read this, after checking everyone out at NAB I preordered right away... Loved those guys. Didn't have any problem with distance? or RF interference?

Leo Bund likes this.
  20. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

I'm afraid Freefly is gonna get left behind because they simply can't compete with DJI. It's a volume game and DJI is blowing them away in value and technology, because their pockets are getting deeper with higher volume sales. Just look at DJI's new releases of the Matrice 600 and A3 flight controller. Freefly has no answer.

I'm no DJI fanboy, they've had some problems in the past. I've had Cinestars, have Movi's, fly REDs etc... (bought the Movi 10 when it first came out).
    But anybody that's flown the Inspire will tell you it's an almost flawless machine, and an absolute pleasure to fly compared to any other typical multicopter.
    • One battery, powers everything, drone, gimbal, camera - HUGE check!
    • Intelligent flight batteries that you just plug in, check! don't get me started on traditional lipos and charging station mess with, lip alarms, A6 connectors, etc...
    • DJI Go app - so intuitive, so good. Pretty much changes the whole experience of operating a camera drone, integrating flight and camera controls into a highly intuitive user interface. Freefly ought to be working on an answer to this one.
    • flawless Lightbridge built-in HD wireless transmitter. Why would I want to worry about 3rd party wireless HD?
    • sticker price!!!!
    So yeah, the new heavy-lifter from DJI will carry most of these advantages and looks pretty promising in my book, compared to the Alta.

Oh yeah and customer service??? Forget what you've heard. DJI's is solid. Anytime web chat help, or voice call if you prefer. Fast repair service. Last time I tried to talk to anyone at Freefly?? Well - you can't. Fill out a ticket number and wait for an email response.

#40 Bryan Harvey, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Aj White likes this.