/dist/images/branding/favicon

New Alta w/ M15

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Mike Fortin, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Mike Fortin

Mike Fortin Member

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased the Alta and M15 since we've started to get some new found requests to fly the RED and ARRI Mini.

My question is, and keeping in mind the cameras will be flying.. what cables, accessories and overall items should we purchase to have in our kit so we can comfortably fly either camera?

Any suggestions and or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

2. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

Hey Mike,

For flying the same setups I have the following kit:

CAMERA POWER
    x6 tattu 1800mAh 4s batteries w/ connector (for powering cameras, the 1800mah batteries fit perfectly into the movi battery holder)
    x2 epic power to jst (I had mine made with 2 thin flexible cables so that there is no resistance from a rigid cable)
    x2 alexa mini to jst ( same as above for cabling)

VIDEO TRANSMISSION
    Amimon Connex (mini or regular, depends on how far away you plan to fly)
    x2 extra air unit power cables (jst gh 4pin cable)
    x2 ground unit to lipo battery (I use EC3 and split it into 2 centre positive ends to power my air unit and my atomos shogun off of the same battery)
    x4 extra antennas for amimon air unit (very good to have, the antennas wires are easy to fray and will ruin your day when they do)
    x5 ready made rc clover antennas to replace stock ground unit antennas (stock ones work ok, but the new ones pull the signal in when you are in noisy situations)
    Lots of hyperthin HDMI cables (regular to regular, regular to mini, regular to micro, regular to mini adapters, regular to micro adapters)
    HDMI's go bad so often i try to have as many backups as possible

ALTA AND MOVI TRANSMITTERS
    x1 extra battery for each of my transmitters, just in case (futaba SG14 for the alta and Graupner MZ-18 for the movi)
    I picked up a bag of these for nicely managed antennas:
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...unt_Dual_45deg_with_Direct_or_Clip_Mount.html
    I bought these transmitter trays:
    http://www.tarot-rc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1226
    Instead of the secraft ones, they have been good and without issue so far.
    I Have dual monitors on the pilot remote, attaching both of them with 3M dual lock tape instead of using a 1/4 20 screw
    SD black pearl for the FPV monitor, Atomos shogun or DP7 for the amimon HD signal.
    I made cables to power the monitors and amimon all of of the same cable to make it easy.
    All of my monitor/amimon ground unit power cables are EC3 3000mAh 3s batteries

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

3. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

@Mike Reid, what are you using to convert the Alexa's HD-SDI output to HDMI when using the Connex air unit?

4. Mike Fortin

Mike Fortin Member

Great info Mike, much appreciated.

I've got a lot of work to do to really get the Alta ready but looking forward to getting it in the air.

5. Stefan Helborg

I use the Atomos S2H (SDI to HDMI) it is ultra light, and can be fead by one of the MoVI batteryes.

6. Mike Fortin

Mike Fortin Member

I've got the Odyssey Q7+ which works great not only as a recorder but as a converter from HDMI to SDI. It's a been a total pleasure. We can mount this on our cart and use either as a director monitor or for the camera op.

7. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

@howard dapp I use the Atomos converter too, definitely the best one, size and reliability that I have used.

8. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member