/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alta max payload

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Paul Christopher Greene, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Paul Christopher Greene

Anyone flying 15 pounds (Movi epic dragon FIZ etc)?

Are you using stock batts? Flight time? Can you hover at 50% power? Also, can Alta stay aloft with a motor ESC or prop failure with that payload?

Thank you,

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Paul

Many factors go into this such as pressure altitude, temperature etc. IF you download the user manual it gives you max specs for weight depending up your conditions. To answer one of your questions, I don't think anyone would disagree with saying theres no way that the Alta can't stay afloat with a fully loaded 15 pound M10. I have tried to figure out exactly what that threshold is but again it depends on what density altitude you are flying in.

3. Mateusz Hajdziony

Dave, I think you meant to say 'can stay afloat'. :)

4. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

No I mean it can't stay afloat with a 15 pound pay load if you lose a motor.

5. Mateusz Hajdziony

You said 'there's no way that the Alta can't stay afloat', which would mean that it will stay afloat, because in this case two negatives resolve into positive. I know that you meant to say that it will go down like a rock when it looses a motor while flying 15lbs payload, just wanted to correct your typo so that some newbie reading your post doesn't get the wrong impression that the Alta is safe to fly such payloads without one motor.

I am not a native speaker of English language so you got me confused here for a while with the double negative thing and I had to look it up on Wikipedia to be sure. :)

6. Paul Christopher Greene

Thank you kindly Dave.

I would think that a gold standard bench mark for safety would be the ability to fly a max payload at 50% hover giving enough margin for error to recover from an ESC or motor failure. It seems like Alta falls short of this and so is not suitable for our needs and is a bit disappointing after waiting so many years for Synapse (which can't be had except in an Alta).

Pity...thanks again for your insight.