/dist/images/branding/favicon

Wookong M COG and Postion on Cinestar 8

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Philipp Goose, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Massimo_Tintori

Massimo_Tintori New Member

I have i friend of mine that has an heavy-duty8 (i think that is the name) from droidworks with wkm and flies still and solid But the IMU is positioned with all the surface that is touching the base where the tape sticks on ( i don't know if i can explain that good 'cause my english is not like my italian :) ). I also had an oktocopter XL with mk and i know that it was very very solid but i think that now wkm is a bit better than mk and soo i have chose that.

2. Bill Collydas

Bill Collydas Active Member

Philipp, If you didn't already take off the rubber dampers from your mounting plate.
    The IMU has to be hard mounted, the MK uses those dampers, they are no good for the WKM.

It might help..

Bill

Attached Files:

3. Philipp Goose

Philipp Goose Member

Hi Bill, i will test these tomorrow.
    Today is in germany very bad weather.

Thanks!

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ciao Massimo:
    Mi dispiace, ma io non capisco. La prego di inviare il vostro messaggio in italiano e io cercherò di tradurlo - in subordine, forse si potrebbe caricare l'immagine che ci mostra quello che vuoi dire?
    Capisco che si pensa WKM è meglio di MK. Può spiegare perché si pensa che, per favore?

grazie
    Andy
    ----
    Hello Massimo:
    I'm sorry, but I do not quite understand. Could you please post your message in italian and I will try and translate it -- alternatively, perhaps you could upload an image that will show us what you mean?
    I understand that you think WKM is better than MK. Can you explain why you think that, please?

Thanks
    Andy

5. Massimo_Tintori

Ciao Andy,
    volevo dire che un mio amico ha un AD8-heavy lift della drodworx sul quale monta il sistema wkm.
    Questo mio amico lavora molto bene con questa macchina e il volo è molto stabile e preciso.
    In passato ho avuto un mikrokopter 8 XL con mk e mi sono trovato molto bene, con il tempo ho notato però che il sistema wkm è migliorato parecchio e, secondo me è diventato più stabile e preciso rispetto a mk, inoltre con wkm si va ad eliminare la probabilità di errore nella saldatura dei componenti che è sempre da tenere in considerazione.
    Il sistema mk è sicuramente più versatile e meno costoso a parità di funzioni, basta gurdare cosa costa il sistema 50 waypoin di wkm.
    Ritengo solo personalmente che wkm abbia ormai raggiunto e, forse sorpassato a livello di volo, precisione, stabilità e sicurezza mk.
    Tengo a sottolineare che questa è solo una mia impressione e considerazione che ho fatto confrontandomi con le persone che conosco e che usano questi sistemi.

Spero sia tutto chiaro, grazie

Max

6. Massimo_Tintori

Hi,
    playn with the gains i have reached this level:

The gains are :

180-180-155-150 atti 100-100 but the strange thing is that i had to put the z axis at 8 for imu and -5 for gps.

i think that now it's almost perfect. what do you think?

7. Philipp Goose

Philipp Goose Member

Hey Guys,

Today i tested my cs 8 without fibration dampers.
    It is just a small contrast. Ich Check Alpha Gel and MK original Vibration dampers.

Greetings

8. Philipp Goose

Philipp Goose Member

Here is a Short Video. IMu is Hard mounted.

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Wow, Phillipp. You really are a much better pilot than I am. (This may not be saying much, so no giggling amongst those that have seen me fly, please.)

That looks rock solid.

Andy.

10. Philipp Goose

Philipp Goose Member

Are you sure?

I See a Bit jitter. I will Test it tommorow with the Gimbal.
    At These Time it is use in a other Project.

There is now just One Problem at least. Why Shake the Kopter so much whene it Goes up to the Floor!?!?!?

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Well, you didn't have to move the camera that much!
    Could you clarify your comment about "goes up to the floor," please. I'm not sure I understand.

Thanks
    Andy.

12. Philipp Goose

Philipp Goose Member

Yes Sry that is what i mean with my english.

For example, i fly 50m High. Than i stop and fly back to 3m back to the Start Point. And at These Way the Kopter Shake very much. So much that some Times i have to stop until the Kopter stay stable and than i Cam go more Down.

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Philipp:
    Thank you. I now understand. It could be that the copter is descending into its own "prop-wash" -- that is it is flying into the turbulent air that it has created.

I have noticed that when I make the Cinestar (or any other copter) descend vertically (or even slightly sideways) that it tends to shake a lot because of the this effect.

Could that be what you are seeing?

The only solution is to make the copter descend in a much more "diagonal" way, flying it more sideways as you descend.

Andy.

Ziv Marom likes this.
  14. Philipp Goose

Philipp Goose Member

Yes that could be These Effect. But with MK i dont have These Effect.

I make some Videos for Customers that are just fly backwards and it was Rock solid.
    Itcould be that wkm have more Problems with this, but i could Not understand it.

15. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hallo Philipp:
    Wenn ich Sie richtig verstehe, geschieht dies nur mit dem WKM?
    Wenn das wahr ist, dann vermute ich, müssen Sie möglicherweise einige Einstellungen ändern - aber leider weiß ich nicht den WKM-System gut genug, um in der Lage sein, Ihnen zu sagen, was zu tun ist. Vielleicht gibt es andere Mitglieder des Forums wer kann helfen?

Grüße
    Andy
    ----
    Hi Philipp:
    If I understand you correctly, this only happens with the WKM?
    If that is true, then I suspect you may need to change some settings -- but unfortunately, I do not know the WKM system well enough to be able to tell you what to do. Perhaps there are other forum members who can help?

Regards
    Andy

16. Massimo_Tintori

Hi Philipp, have you tried changing the vertical gain, i had the same problem and it was the vertical gain (too high).

17. Massimo_Tintori

Hi Philipp, where did you find the cage to protect the electronic ?
    What do you think of the video that i posted? do you think that the CS8 is solid?

18. Peter Gøthche

Hi philipp, try lowering the two basic gains pitch and roll. I had the same problem and that helped me.

My gains on my cinestar 6: 170 170 150 180
    100 100

19. Marty Ferris

Marty Ferris New Member

Philipp,

That looks so much better, I am really glad you seem to have it sorted!
    Are you happy with it's performance now?
    Please tell me what you have changed so the wobbles go away, mine is still wobbling:(

Marty

20. Bill Collydas

Bill Collydas Active Member

Excellent job Philipp.
    Can you show us a picture of the electronics, how they are mounted? just curious that's all.

Bill