/dist/images/branding/favicon

ALTA and Sony a7s ii

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Dylan Glockler, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Dylan Glockler

Curious what lenses people who are flying the Sony a7s are using. I've been using my Canon L 24-105 with the metabones adapter. I'm testing out the Sony Vario 16-35 with the Movi m5 for handheld this week on a project and excited to see how well the autofocus works. Autofocus with the canon lenses is useless.

Had a shoot last week and the internal 4K was great as it is with the shogun but when I went aerial everything came out soft though I haven't had a chance yet to test again (Washington rain). Thought maybe it was the IS? More testing needed, maybe tomorrow if the rain lets up.. at least enough not to soak the camera.

2. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

3. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

We are doing a job next week with same setup :) Stoked to see what you get!

4. Ricardo Perret

5. Dylan Glockler

Thanks Ricardo - assuming that is the Sony FE 28mm and the Ultra Wide Converter.

Do you set focus to manual when flying with those Sony lenses or use AutoFocus?

I've been using my Canon L lenses with a metabones but not incredibly happy with the sharpness especially at 4K and around the edges. If i'm shooting S-LOG3 I generally have to add a Vari-ND which also doesn't seem to help with the overall sharpness.

Wireless FF is on my short list but I haven't decided which route to go yet that will work both handheld on the MOVI and flying on the ALTA.