/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tilt&pan slow drift - Mimic in direct mode (Controller)

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Fabio Taddei, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Fabio Taddei

Fabio Taddei New Member

Hi everyone,

i'm making few tests with MoVi Controller installed on a tripod+fluid head...and tilt/pan very slow drifts giving me headache: at every startup, i need to reframe with joystick and play with controller pots until drifts disappear. Looking at the MoVi app, drifts are usually 0,2° or more per second. The correct poti position only works until i power cycle the controller: after that, i have to spend few minutes again following above procedures.

When using Mimic in tilt majestic + pan majestic, drifts are not so fast...but, obviously, MoVi it's not responsive at all compared with direct mode on fluid head movements. I already tried every setting in the app, without success: it seems to be a noise filter not being applied to controller gyros (joystick drifts are usually filtered by applying some expo on both tilt and pan axis).

Is someone else experiencing this issue?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Fabio Taddei

Fabio Taddei New Member

Hi Andy,
    i was reading all posts over the weekend...also tried the soft-foam solution (which generally helps to keep the pan stable). In my case it didn't help. Drift only happens if Controller is set to Mimic mode: if using it in standard way, tilt and pan are not moving from 0°.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Fabio: I know that most inertial motion units are subject to some drift, but if you feel what you're seeing is excessive, you might want to open up a support ticket by emailing to support@freeflysystems.com.

Andy.