/dist/images/branding/favicon

Just got the ALTA registered. N312HH

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Todd Hillhouse, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Todd Hillhouse

Todd Hillhouse New Member

Excited to get the ALTA its N number! Looking forward to some great days ahead!

Cheers!
    If anyone needs aerial work or just to collaborate don't hesitate.

We are doing some awesome radio and future BLOS testing with the ALTA and looking to push the boundaries using detect and avoid, ADSB and working with companies like HARRIS Corp and the FAA to really push these units to the limits.

Attached Files:

2. Mateusz Hajdziony

Congrats on getting ALTA registered.

How are you going to overcome the ALTA's firmware limits for maximum height and distance?

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Did you need a Section 333 to register it? I have some N-numbers reserved...

Andy.

4. Todd Hillhouse

Great question. I personally wont. I am working with Harris Corp. performing flight and radio testing. Harris manages the critical networks for the FAA. We are testing a network and commercial transponders with sUAS/drones that will in the future operate in Class G airspace. A few engineers saw the Alta and asked me to fly radios on it.

I've been working with Harris for several years and have spoken in person to business development at Freefly. When it gets time for the BLOS testings the engineers at Harris and Freefly I am sure will speak./

The thing that is most impressive in using the Alta for field testing is the ingenuity of the design. This unit is perfect for remote field testings and the rugged case and quick setup is just icing on the cake. Freefly has a whole market out there they haven't even tapped but I know they are considering.

5. Todd Hillhouse

I do not believe so. I had a few numbers reserved as well for GA aircraft.

I did do the N # assign after I received my exemption - so don't hold me to that answer but there is nowhere on the form to list your 333.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks, Todd.
    By the way, I tried to send you a message via the Feedback form on your web site and it kept insisting I fill in a data field, but I had filled them all in. Also, when I tried to email to info@.... that email bounced.

Are you working on ADS-B Out or "conventional" transponders? I'm working with the ASTM International on standards to be considered by the FAA for BVLOS operations and I'd love to know some more general information (e.g. likely weights, current draws etc.). That was the original reason I was trying to contact you via your web site. Could you email me at ajohnsonlaird AT me DOT com please so that I can ask you more specific questions?

Thanks
    Andy.

7. Todd Hillhouse

Andy, thanks for pointing out the website issues. We have a new one being launched in Jan. The company has changed drastically in the last 6 months and we have added a couple extra partners. Planet is no longer doing graphic and web stuff and kept only one artist. Looks like there are some web links that need fixed ASAP. Thanks. I will e-mail by end of week. Definitely would like to touch base.

8. Keith Colodny

Keith Colodny Member

Although your Alta is registered, it will still need to be added to your 333 in an addendum. Our Alta has been registered for weeks, yet we filed for an addendum almost 60 days ago and have not received a response. The FAA will not approve commercial flights until YOUR registered Alta is on YOUR 333.

9. Todd Hillhouse

yup- I added it before I ever received our Alta. As soon as I found the first one added I had our attorney amend our filing. Still waiting as well.

Andy, I fixed the info. Thanks again for the heads up./ Turned out out google drive changed some MX setting.

I can also be reached at toddDOThillhouse at PlanetInhouse dotcom

Keith Colodny likes this.
  10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks for the info Todd.

Andy.