/dist/images/branding/favicon

FPV Camera compatibility

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by alex ryan, Oct 21, 2015.

1. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Hi,
    So I've been having trouble getting the OSD to work with my ALTA.
    The latest update from the support team at FF is that it could be the fpv camera I am using not being compatible with the OSD.
    I am using an RMRC 420N camera. Just wondering if anyone out there is using this fpv camera and if so have you had troubles with the OSD?
    Cheers

2. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

This also raises the question of how the hell does the OSD work? It gets sent to the camera and then out of the camera to the Tx? why not just send the camera signal to a processor that overlays the OSD and sends to the Tx? It seems that this would be the smarter way to go about it and illuminate most compatibility issues.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Camera sends the video into the Synapse which then overlays the data screens (if the OSD is turned on) then it goes to your transmitter.

The camera 'might' be an issue. Your 420N is a 400 video line camera. The suggested cameras are typically 700 lines. Could be that the OSD resolution is matched for 700 lines and 400 isn't going to work.

4. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Just an update guys. I thought if it is a camera compatibility thing then maybe the OSD would work if there was no competing camera signal.
    I unplugged the camera and low and behold, the OSD works!
    Looks like we found the problem!
    Strange thing is with the camera plugged in the video works fine, just the OSD doesn't work.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

This matches what I posted on the other thread, Ryan.
    http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/ext-voltage-problem.7139/#post-64976

Andy.

6. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Yep looks like thats the problem, thanks for the replies.