/dist/images/branding/favicon

Media Blackout MegaFlex Red LCD/EVF Cables

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Alan Rencher, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Alan Rencher

Alan Rencher Member

2. sergi

sergi New Member

Media Blackout
    Ask before about how many time they need for do the order. I will have to wait for a 2 months for a cable!! I have tried to cancel the order but the terms and conditions of "media blackout" is not permited.

3. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

I ordered a while ago. Only after chasing them did I find out it's a 3 week wait.

Which we have almost reached....

I understand that things can take time, but I think that the delivery times need to be displayed accurately before purchase is confirmed.
    Alan, this would be a really good thing to offer.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi sergi, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/
    Thanks

Andy

5. Alan Rencher

Alan Rencher Member

Hi Sergi & Ben,

We have been speaking with you both over email to make sure that you both are taken care. I would appreciate it if you continued to work with us on getting your orders before posting on public forums. That sort of puts all of us in an awkward position.

We are a small business, and there has been a great response from our clients on the quality and unique designs of our cables. Since word of mouth is spreading, we have been getting more and more orders. We make custom cables, and custom cables have a lead time. We have been hiring staff to keep up with demand, but as of this writing, we are still at about a 14 business day lead time. We make all orders in the order that they are placed, so when we get busy, our lead time grows. We are always available by phone and by email, and we are pretty quick to respond.

Ben, your order has aged 13 business days as of this writing. That is within our standard lead time as stated on our Terms and Conditions which you have to agree to during the checkout process. I believe that Meghan has been helping you over email.

Sergi, I understand that you are frustrated, but when a product is backordered, that means that we are waiting on parts to come in from one of our suppliers. In most cases, that means that Lemo or Fischer has no factory stock and they have to manufacture more connectors. Both of the items on the order you placed were labeled as "backordered" both on the web page, and on your receipt. You opened a dispute on PayPal, then you wrote this post on this forum, and then you contacted us about adding items to your order all in quick succession of each other, so all I can say is: please work with us in private first.

Thanks
    Alan Rencher
    Media Blackout

6. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

Hi Alan,

I don't want to put you in an awkward position.

But, I would have liked an estimated shipping date when placing the order.

I began the email exchange with your company after I had not heard anything from you regarding shipment.
    (Other companies often send out an email update (unprompted) and it is appreciated).

I do have the feeling that if I had not emailed Meghan, I would still be waiting and wondering.

I see the terms at the bottom of the checkout page, and they are fair and reasonable.

Your products have a good reputation, thats not in question. But, in my opinion there is room for improvement with your order time communications.

(Put simply, if I had known that I would be waiting this long when I first placed the order, I would have looked at other options).