/dist/images/branding/favicon

batterie plate vibration while standing in MoVI "airborne majestic" mode

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Rolf Ableiter, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

is there anything one can do against the vibration of the batterieplate while standing in the airborne majestic mode?
    I thought the MoVI doesn't stabilize anything in this mode?

how do you start your ALTA?

i power up the MoVI, than the ALTA, set the MoVI in it's "airborne majestic" mode, arm the ALTA, start the Motors of the ALTA and fly...
    but this results in really bad vibrations of the ALTA batterie plate after setting the M10 to "majestic (airborne)".

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Rolf, short video of what you are seeing might help. How do you do the balancing on the MoVI? Are you doing final tuning of the MoVI while it is suspended and attached to the copter?

3. Rolf Ableiter

i tune it while hanging under the Alta - yes. As i did with my cinestar.
    what i see is, that the batterie plate of the ALTA vibrates when the Alta stands on the ground and i switch to majestic (airborne) mode.
    sorry can't post it (i am at home and not in my studio) but i don't think other users don't have this vibrations. If they don't than there is something wrong with my MoVI...

4. georgemcnabb

georgemcnabb Member

Hi Rolf, Movi must be in kill mode when on the ground with ALTA mounted.

Once airborne you can switch to majestic or dual operator modes.

5. Rolf Ableiter

okay - that's what i am doing.

6. Dylan Glockler

I was a little confused by this because airborne and majestic mode are not the same as indicated by your parenthesis. Airborne mode keeps the movi locked up while majestic translates movement into stabilized moves. If your movi is set (configure gimbal application) to airborne then majestic is not available (options are off, airborne, remote). If you're set to handheld you have off, majestic and remote.

7. Rolf Ableiter

i use the MoVI in airborne mode.
    but when i switch to "airborne" when the ALTA is off and on the ground the batterie plate vibrates.
    the only way to avoid the vibration is to kill the MoVI, start the motors, switch to airborne, fly and then switch to remote

8. Dylan Glockler

I understand - I had the same issue just yesterday but haven't had a chance yet to do any problem solving. I was under the impression that airborne mode was meant for take-off and landing but not with all that vibration.

9. Katya Nelhams-Wright

Hi Rolf
    We had the same issue in airborne mode.....when on the ground and the mode switch is in mid position the top plate of the MOVI vibrates. Now flying in handheld mode instead and taking off with motors in kill. Not sure it's possible to use airborne in the mid switch position anymore for take off. Maybe someone has managed and can fill us in:)
    Kat

10. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Rolf I'm going to suggest that what you see isn't abnormal. Think about how you tuned the MoVI. You did it while suspending the copter. There was resistance induced by hanging it and then you did the tuning. Just sitting on the ground is a 'different' environment.

Example would be tuning the MoVI holding with two hands and then getting tuning vibrations if you use only one hand. Different tuning environment.

I do the same as Katya mentions. Other do the same. Sitting on the ground, MoVI in kill position. Start the copter and once you have applied power just short of takeoff you can go to the middle position and then takeoff. Biggest benefit for me is the flight deck(copter) doesn't start rotating with the pan motor trying to find 'front'.

11. Rolf Ableiter

i was a little bit confused about that because with my cinestar 8 i was able to switch to "majestic airborne" mode while standing.
    there was only little vibration sometimes. It could be the difference, that the isolators are on the top of the airframe (ALTA) instead under the airframe (cinestar).
    It works as described so i am fine - i just wanted to know if there is a setting to avoid these vibrations.

12. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Rolf the design between the two is different. The batteries on the CS were mounted to the flight deck and the gimbal hung from the isolators. Because you can put the MoVI on top or bottom the entire center section of the ALTA is a single unit. It 'floats' in the middle of the flight deck. So now the batteries are really attached to the MoVI rather than the actual ALTA flight deck.

13. Rolf Ableiter

cool - thank you!
    so now i know everything works as it should - perfect!

14. Even Sigstad

Even Sigstad New Member

I got the same thing yesterday, flying or M10 for the first time with the Alta. Usually fly with the M15, and have never seen this vibrations. Been taking off/landing in airborne mode with the M15 without issues. Is everyone else here using the M10? Is it possible that it could be a firmware issue or the actual M10? Think my M10 has an old firmware, gonna check now.

15. Rolf Ableiter

strange...
    i use the latest firmware with my M10

16. Rolf Ableiter

i now changed the isolators to the black ones.
    the result: no vibration while standing in majestic/airborne mode.
    Now i hope to get rid of some vibrations i had in flight with the teal and red ones.
    i am still testing with default settings.

still i am amazed about the building quality of this machine!!!