/dist/images/branding/favicon

Spektrum DX8 Pan Right Slow

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Josh Kahane, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Josh Kahane

Josh Kahane New Member

Hi,

Just got out Movi M5 connected to our Spectrum DX8. Typical setup as per DX8/DX7. Bound to satellite which is connected to the Spectrum connector on the Movi.

All control work as expected (besides the forthcoming), including mode switching, tilt, roll etc.

The problem is with the panning/aileron. When panning to the left the Movi moves exactly as expected, starts slow, ramps up as I push further left. If I pan right, its all messed up.

Starts slowly panning right (roughly 0-20% on aileron/pan stick), then about 30-60 is as fast as the right pan moves, then about 70-100 is super slowed down again with the stick pushed fully to the right.

Interesting thing to note: If in the Movi config app, I change the pan channel from -2 (default) to -3 (tilt channel, elevator) both left and right movement is perfectly normal. It only acts strangely on the -2 channel (aileron).

Thoughts? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Josh Kahane

Josh Kahane New Member

Well after spending all day trying to work this out I posted here. 2 minutes later I worked it out! Incase anyone else has a similar issue, it was because my pan rate was set to the wrong channel. For example, a switch, this meant with the switch in a certain position, my pan speed would act strangely.

3. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

Good info you have.

I have a Dx8 to the Movi and love it. I put a second RX on the movi for the camera controls. Works super. Now if I can just get rid of that Jello.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Good find, Josh. Thanks for posting what you found. It may save someone else some time!
    Andy.