/dist/images/branding/favicon

Battery Issue

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by darren_susin, Aug 28, 2015.

1. darren_susin

darren_susin New Member

Hey there,

I think something has happened to one of my batteries. It no longer charges when plugged in, and when I test it with a voltage meter, nothing happens. No voltage is given. It's as though the battery is totally and completed dead.

Thoughts?

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

As Andy Johnson-Laird is often heard to say, it sounds like your battery is now an ex-battery.
    There are a number of reasons this can happen. But perhaps it was left connected to a MōVI for an extended time. I believe the MōVI is supposed to shut off when it senses the battery is low, but I think there's still a slight current draw, enough to flatten the battery. Or did you maybe have something else (like a LiPo checker) plugged in?
    Unfortunately, one of the many un-endearing qualities of LiPo batteries is that they cannot be recovered if they go flat.

3. darren_susin

darren_susin New Member

Well, your title is Grief Counsellor, so I'm obviously not the first person to deal with this! Major bummer, but thanks for the quick response.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Darren if you don't have them get a couple of inexpensive LiPo testers. Amazon or a hobby shop would have them. Makes it easy to test the batteries. Also if you leave the MoVI on with the batteries hooked up they will discharge below 3V per cell and that is a death sentence.