/dist/images/branding/favicon

Synapse questions....

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Howard Dapp, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Now that Alta is here I did not think Synapse would come to market, apparently that's not the case which is good.

- Will there be motors that are preferred for use with Alta? Are various motors, such as KDE, currently being trialed with Synapse or will FF produce Synapse specific motors?

Will FF come out with a line of ESCS for Synapse? I'd like to have a marching system.

When will Synapse be released?

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Freefly have said that they have no plans to release Synapse separately from the ALTA. I know people have been testing it aboard conventional MRs for a long time. But in the end, I think Freefly decided that building an integrated machine with proprietary ESCs, motors, etc. was a more supportable and performant strategy.

3. Howard Dapp

Thanks Steve. I saw that Tabb responded to an earlier question "The Synapse will not do waypoints, and it isn't on our roadmap at this time." I got the impression that Synapse would be release but without waypoint capability.

4. Steve Maller

It has been released, and comes packaged in a very nice hexacopter. :D

5. Howard Dapp

I need more lift capacity.

6. Steve Maller

Freefly have talked about an ALTA XL, and even showed something of a mockup (not sure if it was flyable) at NAB. It was easily twice the size of the ALTA. But they've not officially announced anything other than the name. Here's a photo I took of it at NAB. That's the MōVI XL underneath it. Quite the beast, right? :eek:

2015-04-13_12-29-04.jpg