/dist/images/branding/favicon

New mimic and questions

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Eric Ulbrich, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

Hey guys, got my mimic all setup today. Man what a cool piece of kit. Had a few questions and a feature request
    1. What bandwidth does the mimic communicate on. I've noticed a little cross chatter between my wireless video (paralinx tomahawk) and my digital bartech. Sometimes the video signal will drop out when using the mimic. Hasent happened before just since I've implimented mimic into my setup.

2. Mimic and Movi compass calibration. Is this necessary to do every time you first build the rig and set it up. How does one go about calibrating the compas on the mimic. The instructions say to go to the generals tab but I can't seem to find the setup to do it (running an android device.) the compass calibration on the movie is easy to do but I guess I'm asking if it's necessary to do every time after initial setup.

3. Feature request; could it be possible to create some sort of double tap on the pan lock button to kill the operating signal? and go back to majestic mode on the rig. Would be helpful when a shot has ended and you want to dock back on the stand so the camera doesn't go crazy when the mimic operator puts the monitor down ect.

2. Paul Christopher Greene

3. Mike Peters

Mike Peters Member

I like #3 for using the Mimic airborne on a CS8. This will stop the spinning while on the ground...

4. TJ_Sheridan

TJ_Sheridan New Member

Yeah, #3 is an essential item before Mimic is usable on aerial rigs. Freefly, are you listening?

5. Larkin Carey

Larkin Carey Member

#3 or something similar, a must!

6. Andrea Cecchini

Just tried the mimic. the #3 is essential imho

7. Martin Ruzicanin

Martin Ruzicanin New Member

i just received my new wifi adapter and my mimic pack. i just noticed that in the same place i should connect my wifi adapter i also need to connect the mimic transmitter...any advice or is something I'm missing.

8. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

9. Bryan Monarch

Bryan Monarch New Member

Strongly agree with the idea for #3. Would be great as a double tap function.

10. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Sad to say you're not missing anything: those two devices use the same port on the MōVI so you can't use them both.

I had the same situation and I decided to return my wifi adapter.