/dist/images/branding/favicon

Getting the coordinates by non-GPS: is it possible?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Dmitrij Nasackin, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Dmitrij Nasackin

Dmitrij Nasackin New Member

Good day!

I have a full complect of DJI A2 Flight Controller, and I need to use my octocopter indoors - under the ground. Room is ~20*20*5 meters.

Of course, because of several floors and roof on top it's no GPS signal in that room. But in that room we have own source of coordinates: on ceiling we have a lot of cameras, which can track position of anything. We already tested it on on-ground robots and this system gives good coordinates: +-5 cm.

Also, we have in that room ultrasonic positioning system, which accuracy is good too.

Is there any possible variants to send coordinates of drone from that systems on A2 Flight Controler? Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Radio channel, etc?

We just need to use cool features of A2, like return to the place of take-off, etc.

I will be very grateful for any help.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Daemon2017, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Also, please bear in mind that this is a Freefly Systems support form. It's not clear from your posting whether you're using Freefly hardware. Are you?

Thanks

Andy

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I'll echo what Andy said above, and add that the DJI A2 is the last system I'd want to use for this because there are no APIs and it's the opposite of an "open" system. Some people/organizations have done things like this with the APM/Pixhawk platform because its hardware and software are open source.

But yes, this is the wrong forum.

4. Dmitrij Nasackin

No problem, name is changed :)
    Hm... you are right. It's no Freefly Systems production used by me.

5. Dmitrij Nasackin

So, you think, that using open-source software can solve this problem much easier, than proprietary software of DJI?
    Is there any universal ways, which can work on any on-board software?
    May be simulation of GPS signal, etc?

6. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Google is your friend. Nobody's done it for real products. But it's been done in laboratories.