/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tilt Majestic Angle Limit

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by reto weiss, Jul 19, 2015.

1. reto weiss

reto weiss New Member

For aerial ortho photos, I want to use my M5 aboard a multicopter with tilt majestic angle mode.
    However, even with full tilt "down" command, the gimbal only tilts down about 45°, not more.
    Why?

In tilt majestic smooth lock mode, the gimbal tilts to the min tilt angle currently set to -110°, without any problem.
    I'm using a Futaba RC with SBUS2.

Why is the min tilt limited to -45°, any ideas?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi hover, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

As to why the limitation, you might want to email directly to Freefly at support@freeflysystem.com -- I don't think I've ever seen the written rationale for it.

Thanks

Andy

3. reto weiss

reto weiss New Member

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Check the Max and Min Tilt Angle settings.

5. reto weiss

reto weiss New Member

min angle = -110, max angle = 45 - should be fine and works in majestic smoothing mode.

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Change the value in the max angle to 90 or 110 depending on whether you want to go past vertical.

7. reto weiss

reto weiss New Member

Let´s talk about tilt ANGLE mode first:
    Although the min angle is set to -90 or even -110, the gimbal doesn´t tilt more than -45 degrees. Why?
    Watch this:

8. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Your max tilt is set at 35. And looks like it is stopping exactly where you programmed it, 35 degrees down. Change the value to 90 and try it again. The - is up angle, positive is down angle.

9. reto weiss

reto weiss New Member

I tried it out, but from what I see, MIN = NEGATIVE = DOWN ANGLE, MAX = POSITIVE = UP ANGLE.
    In SMOOTH LOCK mode, I can point down 90° and up 35°, the limits seem to be ok, I appologize.

10. reto weiss

reto weiss New Member

I double-checked with the manual, 04-P23:

Max Tilt Angle - Sets the maximum angle of the Tilt Axis when looking up. Use to set soft-stops to prevent the camera or lens from hitting the gimbal, or to prevent wires from being pulled out.

Min Tilt Angle - Sets the minimum angle of the Tilt Axis when looking down. Use to set soft-stops to prevent the camera or lens from hitting the gimbal, or to prevent wires from being pulled out.

How shall I understand your proposal to increase the max tilt angle from 35 to 90 in order to change the tilt limit when looking down?
    I'm pretty confused.