/dist/images/branding/favicon

Two Product Suggestions and a Question

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Peter Matthes, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Peter Matthes

Peter Matthes New Member

I would like to suggest two products that might be very helpful for MoVi M5, M10 and even M15 owners.

1) A lipo-battery cage, identical to the primary one found on the side of the Movi M5, that can be securely mounted onto the top bar and/or a MoVi ring. Many of us use a second Freefly lipo-battery to power accessories (FF receiver, Monitor, Video Transmitter, etc.) and having a secure battery cage that snaps closed would sure beat Velcro and/or tape.

2) A small and lightweight platform that can be mounted to (or is a part of) the MoVi Adjustable Top Camera Plate. Yesterday, I saw a modified top camera rail at Abel Cine Tech NY. It seemed specifically designed to mount the Freefly Wedge onto the side of it. If you made another optional top camera rail with a small rectangular platform behind it, we could attach any 2nd-party follow focus receiver with 2"x 3" Velcro squares. A top rail mounting plate would also help us to naturally balance out a front-mounted follow focus motor and/or heavier lenses. Currently I have made a small platform from a mending brace I picked up at my local hardware store. I attach this simple platform with one of the Freefly M3 bolts in the very last M3 screw hole, but mounting a digital Bartech receiver there can be tricky so as to not block the articulating LCD of cameras like the Sony A7S and Canon 60D. Plus, I need to add a few small washers to keep the M3 bolt from exceeding the depth of this threaded hole. If it does, the camera plate will not slide off. I think having this generic mounting platform behind the top camera rail could be much better.

My Question: Will the longer MoVi M15 Adjustable Camera Plate fit onto the Movi M5?

2. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Peter,

Thank you for the product suggestions! We actually have a section in our Knowledge Base dedicated to product suggestions, if you'd like to post them there.

The M5 plate is unique to the M5. The M15 plate only fits on the M10 or the M15.

3. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

4. Peter Matthes

Peter Matthes New Member

Thanks, Bryan.

I'll do that.

5. Peter Matthes

Peter Matthes New Member

6. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

Back in stock. I like your idea of above the boom, but it would be a deal breaker for those without the Toad in the Hole. This location also works well to offset rear weight.

7. Robbert van Weelderen

I really second that Lipo battery cage as the one provided standard on the M5. It would really help clean up some of the mess.