/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mk motor shut down

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Michael comissiong, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Simply make sure your sticks are at the center position when you bind the radio. You can check it in the DJI software by turning off your radio and watching your 4 stick controls to make sure they revert back to the center position.

2. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

I use mikrokopter, it is the same ?

3. Dave King

To be honest I think it should be the same as long as your sticks are in the center position when you bind. Just for the record I use fail safe with MK if it looses signal but I don't trust auto land be very careful if you try to auto land. It lands to fast for my comfort level.

4. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

The truth is I do not want to use the auto-landing, I just want to set the failsafe and my cs6 can land only in case of signal loss that can not be recovered, I flight in manual mode. I use the firm 0.90 and I think update to 2.1 for this reason.

5. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Dave, with the stick in the center position I can not bind the dx8

6. Dave King

You have to go into the system setup and go into the warnings settings and change throttle to inhibit. It will then let you do that.

7. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

OK, done, but is the same , I turn off the radio and immediately the motors shut down

8. Dave King

Are you monitoring your throttle channel with MK tools when you turn the radio off? IF you are what happens to channel 1 when you cut the radio off? IF you haven't done this its the only way to tell what is going on. Also confirm that you are running stick mode 2.

9. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

When I turn off the radio the channel 1 in mktools does not move. In the copter, red light in FC and NC, motors shut down

10. Dave King

Can you confirm that channel 1 is indeed throttle and that you are in mode 2 for the joysticks? So if you were to be at 30% throttle and you shut down the radio the channel one values go to center? If you can confirm that I would think that somethng is wrong on the firmware or settings end and not the radio.

11. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Confirmed, channel 1 is not going to the center, it does not move, throtle in stick left

12. Dave King

Then its not binded correctly.

13. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

I do according to manual:

1. Insert the bind plug and power on the receiver.

2. When the receiver LEDs blink indicating bind mode, remove bind plug

before binding the transmitter to the receiver.

3. LED lights will continue to blink.

4. Move transmitter’s control sticks and switches to the desired Preset Failsafe

positions then turn it on in bind mode. (throttle center).

5. The system should connect in less than 15 seconds.

14. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

It was the firm, I upgrade to the last and dx8 failsafe works, the channel 1 going to center when I turn off the radio.

15. Dave King

Glad to hear.

16. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Thanks Dave

17. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Dave, but still I have the same problem, the motors shut down when I turn off the radio. What do you think it is ?

Gustavo.

18. Dave King

I honestly don't know. If the throttle channel is staying at 0 and the motors are shutting off that to me is telling me that there's something not right on the MK side of things. IF it was me I would not run Spektrum with MK. I think you are asking for problems and have limited telemetry at best. I run Spektrum with DJI and the MOVI but have never tried using MK with it.

19. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

No, the throttle channel not going to zero, it stays in the middle 127, but the motors shut down when I turn off the radio.

20. Dave King

If the throttle stays at 0 then that tells me the fail safe setup of the Radio and RX is working correctly and that something with the flight control board is setup incorrectly. I don't know if it has anything to do with the wiring on the flight control board with using spektrum, a hardware failure, or a simple setup adjustment. MK is really made to work with graupner. I can't think of any setup adjustment in MK tools that would cause what you are seeing especially since the only time the motors should ever shut off is if both sticks go down and left. If you have a graupner TX and RX I would try it and test it to see if it still does the same thing with them or if you have another FCB to switch out to test you can try that. I really don't think its a TX/RX issue but something more in the FCB or setup of the FCB with Spektrum.