/dist/images/branding/favicon

FYI: New MK firmware 2015-04-21 and a Q?MK just relss

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Gary McCready, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

FYI: New software 2.10
    http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/Firmware-2.10
    Most Important Change:
    ACC-Calibration

[​IMG] Note: the 'normal' (old) ACC-Calibration is still Stick -> upper right corner.

But now the stick must be pressed minimum 5 seconds.

My Note>This will prevent you from accidentally calibrating your MK. If you have flown MK awhile then
    you have prob done this, I know I have more than once.
    You can also have your MK Copter come home rear first.
    Yaw direction for ComingHome

You can choose if the MK should turn automatically while using ComingHome

My Q: Just built a new Octo HL:
    I have an MX-20, center throttle set at 127, with Altitude Control Enabled (Vario) but when I Arm the motors the Octo wants to take off very fast. The only way to control it is to enable Alt control or hold the Throttle down a bit.
    I must be missing something? I've been flying a CS6 for a few years, so I'm very familiar with MKTools.

Rick Chen likes this.
  2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

thanks for the Info

3. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Gary check your servo trim to make sure they rocker switch didn't get bumped. You can also check this by turning on the radio and checking channel 1's output with the stick in the center position. It should be right in the middle, my guess is that you just need to adjust your servo back to normal.

4. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

With the new firmware, we can no longer find the shutter trigger flag in the GPX file - has anyone found it? Desperately need that information.

5. Gary McCready

Thanks Dave, I did check the trims and sub trims but I'll double check them. I can't remember how many times I went to Arm the copter and it didn't Arm becasue I somehow leaned on the Trim button, often just plugging in the battery or turning on the camera... OR, now fixed, leaning on the stick and re-calibrating at some weird angle. lol I now put my transmitter on the ground first.
    I think it might be just becasue I have no gimbal, and it is just too light? I thought that MK would compensate, but I'm not sure how. Guess I can fly it with the Altitude Hold on till I add weight.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Derek: I know you've been searching for this info for a while, so I've emailed to MK directly -- they're pretty good about answering emails. I'll let you know what I find out ASAP.

Andy.

7. Gary McCready

Here is a copy of my GPX. Maybe my CF was on, but the problem was with climbing too fast at stick neutral centered. Guess I need to check CF too, as I didn't think I set it up.

Attached Files: