/dist/images/branding/favicon

Weight and dimensions of M10 without handlebars and other questions

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Mateusz Hajdziony, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Mateusz Hajdziony

Hello everyone!

I want to know the EXACT weight and dimensions of Movi M10 without handlebars and with/without battery. I need to know if it will fit on my X8 and if I'll be able to lift it. It would be good to know if you are measuring / weighting the M10 with or without the Toad in the hole quick release system. I want to use the quick release if possible (if it doesn't add too much weight and height).

Also, what are your thoughts on running a Carbon Fiber RED Dragon + Zeiss Ultra Primes airborne with the M10? The Dragon weights 1.8kg with only the necessary equipment (body with lens mount and Mini Mag), UPs weight from 850g to 1100g. I would probably need to put another 4S battery on the gimbal to power the camera and, of course, a video link. I know that the M10 can handle that weight, I was just wondering if it's capable of proper stabilization of such payload on a multirotor.

By the way - what battery does the M10 use? Is it just a regular LiPo or a some special Freefly's battery? Can Movi power the camera/Rx/video Tx? Where can I learn more about which RC radios/protocols are supported? My camera operator is currently using Graupner MX16 which can output PPM signal, but we can switch to Futaba if that's required for Movi. Would like not to switch to Spektrum.

2. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

I wouldn´t use a Ultra prime on a multirotor. Too heavy and too expensive to fly not to mention the reduction in flying time. Use a Nikon or Zeiss photo lens and you´ll be ok.

3. Mateusz Hajdziony

Thanks for your suggestion Augusto. I just want to know if the hardware will be capable when I need to fly Ultra Primes, that's all. I don't usually fly big cameras when there's no need to - I use BMPCC for smaller jobs (great little camera), but there are clients that are willing to pay for the job done with Dragon and I want to know if the M10 will be up to the task. I'm currently using an Alexmos gimbal that's roughly the size of M10, but I am sick of Alexmos not being able to keep the horizon straight and vibrating during fast forward flight, that's why I'm looking to upgrade to Movi. Hoping that it will solve all my camera stabilization issues! :)

Anyway, still looking for the weight and size info! :)

4. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

The M10 is most definitely up to the task. In my experience, the heavier the camera, the better the M10 works. I would be more worried about if your MR is up to it or not.

5. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

Yes it will be able to fly big cameras and with Ultra Prime sized lenses. I had problems with Alexmos boards but I am very happy that I can now tune them easily. Of course Movi is always more precise and will be more consistent in most situations.