/dist/images/branding/favicon

Long Range Wireless HD Video

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Jörg Stucke, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Dan Kanes

Dan Kanes Member

For flight the Paralinx Tomahawk is really your best option.

Lightest weight transmitter, and using our ARRAY (Tm) antenna set we have tested over 1 mile away in RF dense environments.

An HD modulated RF system like the Tomahawk will always beat an encoder system in picture quality and latency - there are some benefits to encoding though like smaller data packet/radio link budget as Gaylen said.

Paralinx has a few tricks up our sleeve relating to our video modem in Tomahawk that will be unveiled in time.

I'm not 100% sure but if you are using a camera with hdmi like a blackmagic pocket cinema camera you will need an additional piece of hardware (added weight and power consumption) in order to work with the Vitec group/ IMT Microlite.

2. Dan Kanes

Dan Kanes Member

I should also mention that every Tomahawk currently deployed has been flown in the air or on the ground with brushless gimbals and copters and our customers are LOVING them - I can't name just who yet because of some NDAs but I think all of us will be watching the films and commercials they have been on in the last 3 months.

3. Brett Collins

Brett Collins New Member

Hey guys - the Bolt Pro 2000 has been a winner for me, great range, SDI on both TX and RX, and the monitor looks like realtime it's quite remarkable. I've used them on concerts with IMAG where any latency is obviously a huge issue, and it looks great. I'm a little biased, because we both rent & sell them - but I wouldn't do that with any product I didn't stand behind. I've owned the previous Bolt and while it's been good for situations where you can mount the receiver close and run SDI from there, there's no comparison at all to the BP2000. Everyone who's rented the new generation from me so far has been thrilled. Anyway, we ship all over the country so be sure to check us out! rentteradekbolt.com

4. Philip Lima

Philip Lima Member

Check out the DJI Lightbridge. If you're flying with any DJI controllers, it's a super simple thing to integrate. If you're on the ground, it wouldn't be hard at all. If you fly with MK, that could be a little more of a challenge... http://www.dji.com/product/dji-lightbridge It has under 150ms latency and, and about a mile range and costs $1300. Definitely the best bang for the buck out there right now.

5. Troy Harrington

Troy Harrington New Member

When it comes down to it, no TX/RX is going to have the range / latency / reliability you want at these lower price points, the next step up would be a COFDM transmitter.

And in response to Jörg Stucke, The only difference between OFDM and COFDM is that COFDM uses some form of (FEC) Forward Error Correction before it transmits the signal. My company has a nice User's Guide to Wireless Video (not to commercial-ly) that explains the pro's and con's of different wireless video transmission methods, feel free to check it out if you like.

6. Philip Lima

Philip Lima Member

7. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Amimon Connex looks very promising for UAV purposes. Other solutions like Tomahaw, Bolt Pro, transmits uncompressed data and that's why they are a bit expensive. For live broadcasting purposes, these solutions will still be better.

Amimon Connex has some disadvantages over Tomahawk/ Bolt Pro 2000 / Amimon Skylink:

* No uncompressed data (bad for live broadcasting and also not good for wireless video recording)
    * Only one output on the ground station unit; you need to multiply the video source somehow if you need out for directors' monitor.
    * If you need DFS for regulations, Connex doesn't support this.
    * Mini HDMI on air unit. Come on! You need to buy all new cable set for different cameras.

8. Mark Hoffman

Mark Hoffman Active Member

9. Michael comissiong

Hi Guys,
    Looking to buy a new video tx/rx system I am not a pro by any stretch of the imagination , and was wondering about the dji Lightbridge , but what I don't quite understand is , can it be used with other tx/rx systems such as the dragon link and the Graupner systems. or is it restricted to the all dji systems?

I currently fly the Dji wookong m , Naza v2 using the Dragon link and a MK octo system with the Graupner , any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

10. Philip Lima

Philip Lima Member

It will not work if you're FC on your octo is MK. You'd need your FC to be either an A2 or wookong to work with light bridge. You can't use it as a standalone unit because it will overpower a standard 2.4GHZ system.

11. Michael comissiong

Hi Thanks
    so if the my rx/tx set up is Not 2.4 ghz I should be ok
    the dragon link system is UHF 1 FHSS2 at 433mhz so the Lightbridge should not interfere with it? ( in theory)
    Guess I will have to buy one (LB) and test it to be really sure , expensive test if it dose not work out

12. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

Michael:

I had just recently seen this post and was checking with a couple other DJI flyers I know to see if they wanted to try it. Seemed like a good deal. Thought I would at least point it out to you as a cheaper way to test it out. Don't know the seller, but messaged back and forth with him a few times on something else and was always responsive to me.

http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/dji-lightbridge-basically-brand-new.6341/

Michael

13. Jason White

Jason White New Member

Hi,Jörg
    May I reply you a bit late now. But I very carefully read your post.
    About your question, I want to write down all I know.
    I got a long range HD wireless HD388A recently. Its range can up to 200M. It cost me $585. Although it is a little expensive for me,it works well.
    Hope it is useful for you!

14. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member