/dist/images/branding/favicon

Where to plug Futaba SBUS on Movi?

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Chuck Taylor, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Olivier Bordes

Olivier Bordes New Member

Hi,
    Quick question;: does the movi (M5 or M10) support the RX Futaba R7008SB with SBUS ?
    Thanks,
    Olivier
    www.dronesys.com

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Bordes welcome to the forums. Would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/.

The MoVI's do not support the R7008SB which is used with the 14SG and 18MZ models. The R7008SB is a FASSTest type of receiver. Something is different about sBus on that receiver and is incompatible with the MoVI. Freefly is aware of the issue. Any of the other FASST SB series receivers work fine.

Sergi Medina likes this.
  3. Olivier Bordes

Olivier Bordes New Member

Thanks for the answer.
    This compatiblity issue is not new, it happened already with Radian. It would be nice if that could be solved.
    Futaba R7008 SB are used extensively here as they come now with 14SG radios and we don't want to buy any other receiver for that.
    Meanwhile, i will use this converter which understand R7008 SBUS and change it to PPM:
    http://www.flashrc.com/flyboard/9742-convertisseur_sbus_ppm_v11_flyboard.html

4. Stuart Sharpless

Stuart Sharpless New Member

has this been solved so that that Futaba R7008SB or FASST ones can be used?

5. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

i don't know much about futaba (i use Graupner with Jeti Duplex and Spektrum) and there are so many different systems - FASST, S-FHSS, FHSS, FASSTest... puh...

can i use the affordable T6J and R2006GS combination for the MoVI?
    is there a 3-way switch on this modell?

Sergi Medina likes this.
  6. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

nobody here who can answer this? I don't want to buy the transmitter/RX set to find it out :)

Sergi Medina likes this.
  7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

For Futaba it needs to be an sBus RX and FASST. Example the T8j I think is the current mid model. I have the T18SG and it does multiple modes. I need to run in FASST and not the FASSTest mode and use sBus not the sBus2. And I use the 6202SBW Rx units. The R7008SB does not work with the MoVI since it is a FASSTest RX.

Sergi Medina likes this.
  8. Jason Westbury

Jason Westbury New Member

Hi guys new here and thought Id try this non active thread first before starting new. Am having difficulty getting movi app to recognize my RX and says nothing is connected . Place in the app that has dual operator set up there is a blank box and next to it says bind.When i press bind in the app i get an error message. Was looking for sbus selection somewhere. I am thinking there should be an option in this box to select your rx? I am running Futaba R6202SBw with Futabas T10CHP radio and is bound to from radio to rx looks o.k with solid green. Also am running software version 2.1 on a ipad pro. Any Ideas?

9. Jason Westbury

Well looks like I have some other issues here probably effecting why I cant get sbus to be recognized in app so I can select it . I do have the Wi-fi adapter and seems to connect O.K. However in the App status page I am getting “boot” pending. I have been trying to figure out why I cant get my Futaba sbus to be recognized in the app so i can bind it. I noticed some other things like the voltage not working . Looks to me there is some sort of tech problem here. When the Movi is powered on it has 3 solid green and stabilizes . However can not do a single thing when in the App. but can navigate. Let me know what you guys think.

10. Jason Westbury

Submitted ticket looks like I need bootstrap jumper cable.

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Jason:
    Sorry that nobody responded. I've been distracted by a training class for the past few days. Post again if you still have problems with the Futaba -- the bootstrap jumper cable is just to force the gimbal control unit to go into bootstrap mode so you can update the firmware on it.

Andy.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

12. Jason Westbury

Thanks Andy all is well. I bought it used from a well known camera shop and returned it. I am picking up a new one here. It looks like the software was "bricked" as in connected but unresponsive due to a possible interruption in a prior owner firmware update. Sounds repairable but not what I expected. Looking forward to setting up next one and see you guys later here on the forums. - Jason

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Sounds good Jason. You should get a MoVI jumper cable though -- just in case you have an interrupted firmware update too.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

14. Jason Westbury

Yes good call will do for sure.

15. Brian Legrady

Brian Legrady New Member

We've had an M15 suited with the veracity wheels for some time. Switchng back and forth between Majestic, and dual Operator. Now I have a guy that wants the Klassen Wheels, so I'm trying a set that a guy is selling. I'm trying to connect the supplied receiver with the wheels to the movi. FUTABA HV R6208SB
    there is nothing I see to connect to...connector size is different