/dist/images/branding/favicon

X8 in-flight Roll to inversion and crash. Analysis/opinions appreciated

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by MIke Magee, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

When did you upgrade to the redundant setup? Have you tested the I2C failure with a switch?

Ruben Moreno likes this.
  2. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Ryan, any tips you can supply to Herk Newbies can be posted here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/herkules-iii-install-setup-tips.5894/#post-56346

I'm trying to figure out where to start,

tx,m

3. Ryan McMaster

Ryan McMaster Active Member

Bout two months ago. We have tested it and it works flawlessly, there can be a small sag in stability and in ALT hold it dropped a good foot before it caught up on one of the initial tests we did. I had to scrap dual GPS due to the Mk3 GPS's coming with a built in shield and being a pain to stack/install and looking just plain terrible. I can fly manual easily enough these days so its a non issue. Just make sure your wiring is solid into the boards with hot glue or whatever you prefer.

Im still learning it. Client wants to put up some larger cams on the M15 and I need to find a way to make it work. So far we have had some good luck with KDE 5125's and 75A KDE ESC's mated to 20" bottom and 18 tops. So far so good. Biggest thing with ESC based systems I am finding is buy ESC's from your motor manufacturer. Did some KDE motors on tiger ESC's and had weird stability issues since the timing on the tigers was off. It is easily fixed but the KDE ESCs had No issues out of the box.

4. Taylor Davis

Taylor Davis New Member

@Ryan
    What props are you using?

5. Ryan McMaster

Ryan McMaster Active Member

6. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

MIke Magee likes this.