/dist/images/branding/favicon

MOVI FREAKOUT/GREEN BLINKING LIGHTS

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Jon Blaze, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Jon Blaze

Jon Blaze New Member

Ok so i am having trouble with my new movi m5 I just got in from freefly. I had just balanced the movi to what i thought was a good balance and then flipped the on switch (I had only turned it on once previous to this which worked fine). All of the sudden it starting flipping out like crazy going all over the place and even jumped off of the stand and started rolling around on the floor. which is when i grabbed it (ouch) and was able to flip off the switch. I gave it a second and then turned it back on this time holding the movi down on the stand so it wouldn't jump off again if it flipped out, but nothing happened it didn't start up or anything. The green lights just started blinking. i tried again to no avail. I then decided to try the second battery to see what would happen. and sure enough once i turned it on with the new battery it started flipping out but i had control over it this time and flipped it off immediately. I gave it a second and flipped it on again, nothing happened no start up. The green lights just keep blinking. So not knowing what to do i looked on the forums here on freely and found some useful info. It seemed that this has happened to some others and that sometimes a wire gets unplugged when the movi goes through its seizure so i looked and lo and behold a wire came unplugged. I plugged it back in check all the others to make sure no other wires came loose and all seemed fine except the one. So i turned it on but nothing, just the same green blinking lights. Anyone have any helpful information on this issue? It'd be much appreciated.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jon it might be that the handle bars are not aligned with the 'front' of the MoVI toad in the hole. The pan motor does have a 'front' position. If the unit is in the stand and is not aligned with 'front' then upon power up it will attempt to spin to the front position.

So try this, pick up the MoVI and then power it up. Make sure prior to this that everything is balanced, camera level and pointed forward. If it settles down then you will know where 'front' is. I used a silver metallic pen to put a mark on the Toad so I always know where the front is located.

If that doesn't work maybe you can post a short video?

Jonathan Ross likes this.
  3. Jon Blaze

Jon Blaze New Member

Thanks for the advice Gary, i've seemed somehow to have gotten everything to work now except for the tilt. Whenever i go to tilt it tries to but kinda jolts in the position im trying to tilt. Its having trouble and im not sure why when everyone hing else seems to work.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Have you tried running the Auto-tune? Have you set the gains at all? It'd be helpful for you to post a video of how you have the gimbal set up, as well as a listing of your gains in the app. The MōVI is not a plug-and-play device. It requires a bit of tuning and fiddling to get right.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The three green lights blinking indicate an initialization failure -- the usual cause is that there is some gimbal motion (gentle rocking back and forth will do it) when you first power it on.

As Steve suggests, if you can get it to the point where, with a fresh battery all three green LEDs are on solid (which is the MōVI's way of showing you the current battery voltage), then use the Configurator app. to do an autotune. Be sure to write the settings back to the MōVI so that they are preserved.

I do notice on an M5 with a BMPCC that, after autotuning is complete and the unit resets, there is a major spasm on the tilt axis -- but it's a one-time thing and the camera moves back to the appropriate tilt position, easing out of the motion as it gets close.

Andy.

6. Kelly Jenkins

Kelly Jenkins New Member

Having the same issue, our new M5 wigged out and after replacing the battery the Tilt stop responding. In configuration it goes all the way up to 500 and still nothing. I looked at the black box with the lights in the back to see if something was unplugged but mine seemed fine. Contacted Freefly support cause I am at a lost.

7. Jon Blaze

Jon Blaze New Member

Our problem turned out to be one of the plugs on the back right under the battery.
    I had found the middle one unplugged and then plugged it back in, turns out I pmugged it in upside down so it just needed to be reversed and it was good. Not sure if that'll help your situation or no.

8. Kelly Jenkins

Kelly Jenkins New Member

Ya the people at Freefly showed me what to do. I was looking at the wrong box (>~<).
    Thanks for the help, mine is totally working now p(^~^)q

Attached Files: