/dist/images/branding/favicon

m15 inverted?

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Soren Nash, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

As far as I remember it, yes. I never tried it while actually shooting. Just tried it out of curiosity without a load balanced on it.

2. Balázs Révész

Balázs Révész New Member

It is true that it is a bit small, when the dual pan tubes hit the ring on the other side it is entering frame anyway and it would enter frame even if the ring size would be big enough for clearance on the lab tubes. So there are limitations but it is a great tool in our workflow even in dual op mode. We call it "wheel" because it feels like driving the camera in Majestic mode.

Freefly recommends it for all models anyway, check it out:
    "The MōVI Ring is a lightweight, rigid carbon fiber frame designed to provide additional points of contact for an operator holding the MōVI M5, M10, or M15. The MōVI Ring can either mount directly to the MōVI M5, M10, or M15 but also works in combination with the Toad In The Hole accessory, available HERE."

3. Balázs Révész

Balázs Révész New Member

And don't forget you can reach the height of inverted mode without changing anything.

Call me vain but it feels funny to be a new member still with my inverted mode pic uploaded Dec 6 2013 :)) I really felt like I invented it because before I've never seen or heard about it haha

4. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Hmm, that didn't used to say M15 on that page. I remember checking about a month ago when I bought the Ring and I am certain it didn't say M15. I would argue that M15 functionality is severely limited with the Movi Ring. It's still a great tool, and I'm glad I have it for the M10, it's just poorly suited for the M15.

5. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

…well i use the ring also with the M-15, or my M-10 with extended tubes (Alexa M) without any compromises in majestic mode. It´s not good, but also not intended for remote work.

Best,

Wolf

6. Charles Bergquist

M15 with the ring works great. It runs into the bar, but you wouldn't use a shot that passed the bar on the other side anyway, so the pan bar "issue" isn't really an issue. Been using the ring all week and it's much better than the handles for long day, eye level work.

7. Charles Bergquist

...thought the same exact thing Austin, then I got it and it works so much better than the handles for 90% of work, the rest you'd have it mounted on a jib or something where you needed access to 360 degrees.

8. Neil Horsman

Neil Horsman New Member

Does an M15 in the ring still fit onto the normal stand for balancing?