/dist/images/branding/favicon

what do I exactly need (RR finger wheel & Heden M21)

Discussion in 'Follow Focus' started by alain baars, Dec 3, 2014.

1. alain baars

alain baars Member

I would like to buy the Heden 21 motor and use it in combination with the RR finger wheel on an M10 as I am a one man band.
    What exactly do I need to get this working and how do i power this?

Please help me out!

2. AJ Lodge

AJ Lodge New Member

Hey Alain,

I can point you in the right direction.

As far as power:
    The microRemote Basestation accepts from 12VDC to 18VDC, and can be operated off a standard D-Tap battery, Auxiliary camera power, 110/220 AC Adapter, or my recommendation for gimbals: a Lipo battery.

The Lipo batteries Freefly carries on their site work great with the system and I personally use them.

As far as what you need:
    Our fingerwheel bundle is probably what you are looking for:
    http://store.redrockmicro.com/Catal...-focus-system-finger-control-microremote.html

We have our new flexCable sets that are available to order as of yesterday (but not yet announced). We have a set for the microRemote system designed with the MoVi in mind. It includes a flex motor cable, an extra long fingerwheel cable (to string along the MoVI to allow for the full range of gimbal movement), and a Lipo battery JST connection to basestation with built in regulation to protect against Lipo power spikes.
    http://store.redrockmicro.com/Catal.../MoVI-microRemote-flexCable-Complete-Kit.html

For any questions regarding configuration drop a line to our sales team at:
    sales@redrockmicro.com

Also, if you're thinking about powering other accessories in addition to the microRemote such as a monitor or wireless video, ask about our new powerPack for gimbals system. The idea being you can power all your gimbal accessories through the use of a single Lipo battery.

Hopefully that answered your questions. Happy gimbal-ing!

-AJ

3. alain baars

alain baars Member

thanks AJ,

What I want is to combine the finger wheel with the Heden, I don't want the RR follow focus but the Heden one.
    So, how would I do that?
    You have helped me, I thank you for that, but I really want the combi with the Heden.

4. AJ Lodge

AJ Lodge New Member

I'm not sure if we offer that, I only know as far as the bundles in the store.

Sales will be definitely be able to answer that and any other questions you should have.

-AJ

5. alain baars

alain baars Member

can you ask them if thats possible and do you know if it will work with Heden?
    Am I the first that's asking this?
    Your follow focus is probably very good, but I still want the Heden, sorry for that.

6. AJ Lodge

AJ Lodge New Member

Message me your email and I can make the introduction to our sales team

7. alain baars

alain baars Member

8. Ben Silberfarb

Ben Silberfarb New Member

Alain,

I am interested to know if you found out if the MicroRemote Finderwheel will work with the Heden wireless system? I own the Heden system and am looking to add a Finderwheel as you have described.

Regards,

Ben
    Silberfarb - Films

9. AJ Lodge

AJ Lodge New Member

Hey Ben,

Our fingerwheel is only compatible with our microRemote basestation.

However, our basestation is compatible with the Heden motor Alain described.

10. alain baars

alain baars Member

dear Ben,

My Movi is being customised by a Dutch engineer, he's among other things working on tahtr finger wheel, i will let you know when I get it back.