/dist/images/branding/favicon

Hello From Malibu, CA...Making the Switch to Cinestar

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jaron Denson, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Jaron Denson

Jaron Denson New Member

Hello Everyone,
    New to the freefly forums here, but not new to multirotors or UAV's. I have spent four years engineering, flying and manufacturing UAV's for the US DOD. I started with a Cabon Scarab for a year and have been flying DJI S800's for two years now and need to move away from them and get something with some lift and non proprietary parts and most importantly a universal gimbal. I will be dropping by on the technical threads to ask some questions. I realize the importance of these threads and the free flow of information and appreciate peoples input and hope to lend mine when applicable.

About Us (Drone Tech Aerial):
    -I am the pilot and operate in a two man team for everything that is not using a gopro.
    -Our most notable clients are The Travel Channel and Bud Light.
    -I hold a M.S. in Mechanical Engineering (that doesn't mean I know anything, I am just dedicated)
    -2 Years of experience flying on our own, and 4 years on military bases with fixed wing.
    -We are Insured worldwide and all flight data, configuration changes and maintenance are logged, similarly to manned aircraft.

Well I don't want to bore you with anything else, looking forward to talking with you all!

Jaron Denson

Seth Whiting likes this.
  2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Welcome. You sound like an old pro already. I think you'll find the diversity of experience and opinion here very valuable in your efforts. The Cinestar platform is a great basis for AUWs of 12-25 pounds, and the MōVI is a phenomenal camera platform. Good luck, and enjoy. :)

3. Jaron Denson

Jaron Denson New Member

Thanks Steve, from doing preliminary research I know that you are a force on these forums.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Steve is the force on the forum. Gary, Brad and I just hang around in a semi-circle behind him to catch the crumbs the UAV Grief Counsellor drops... :rolleyes:

Andy.

5. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Geez, my cover is blown (parts robes to show lightsaber). :rolleyes:

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Steve: Remember this a family forum. Put that lightsaber away, Sah.
    Andy.