/dist/images/branding/favicon

Level Subject on Moving Boat

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Kurt Wallrath, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

While I already posed the question here:

http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/mōvi-first-time-out.1990/#post-54894

I thought I'd create a new thread to capture the attention of someone who may have dealt with this issue before. I might be shooting a film on a boat with a MoVI. The issue is the MoVI is designed to keep the image stable on flatland. When you're on a boat that's going up and down, the MoVI is going to keep the background level and your subject is going up and down (see 2:25 in the video in the link above). If I had a shoulder rig, I could have the subject stay level with the background going up and down.

Does anyone know a way for the MoVI to keep the subject on a boat more or less "level" while the background goes up and down?

Thanks,

-Kurt

P.S. Charles, what did you mean by lock off the pan of the MoVI when you were using the steadicam? Did you set the pan window at 0?

2. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

I believe with the Movi mounted on a steadicam arm you would solve that problem.

3. Robert MCgregor

Robert MCgregor New Member

HI,

DID YOU GO ANYWHERE WITH THIS, I WOULD LIKE TO DO THE SAME, IS THERE A ACCESSORY I NEED TO ATTACH TO A STEADICAM ARM?

THANKS

4. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

Hi:

Not with the Movi. I have a competitor brand mounted on a steadicam arm and worked. Didn´t try with the Movi....Too much work little time and not so much money :)

5. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

Hey Augusto,

Do you have access to the footage you shot with the steadicam arm and competitor to the Movi? I have a client who is curious to see how the footage could work.

Thanks!

-K

6. Robert MCgregor

Robert MCgregor New Member

Hey Augusto,

Not interested wether its a competitor or not, what i want are solutions, I have 2 x MoVI's and a Ronin, I also already have a Steadicam system, so it makes sense to try and use the arm if possible, what system did you go for to get the arm to gel with the gimbal, MoVI or otherwise?

Thanks for your time.

Rob