/dist/images/branding/favicon

Lock Gimbal

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by stuart shanks, Oct 4, 2014.

1. stuart shanks

stuart shanks New Member

Hello

I have a movi 5 with a dji s1000. I want to be able to lock the camera in the down position and the gimbal not to move when i rotate the flying rig ie when i turn the flying rig the gimbal will just be locked in one position!!!

2. Pete Maughan

Pete Maughan Member

Hi Stuart,
    If you're in remote mode the gimbal should ignore the yaw of the copter.
    Pete

3. stuart shanks

stuart shanks New Member

T
    Thanks pete....Yea basically i want to be able to do some mapping by myself without havint to have a gimbal operator who has to turn the gimbal every time i change position of the aircraft...i want to lock the camera facing down and the gimbal to lock so what ever position the craft is fly is the position of the gimbal also..I am a completly new to this so any help is greatly appreciated!!!..thanks

4. Pete Maughan

Pete Maughan Member

Oh I see, in that case just have it in majestic, you still have control of tilt and the gimbal will maintain orientation with the copter. You can adjust the pan smoothness to give you the speed of how quickly it'll follow.
    Hope that helps.

Pete

stuart shanks likes this.
  5. stuart shanks

stuart shanks New Member

Thanks very much Pete, will go give at shot as soon as the wing dies down a bit here haha..Thanks again!!

6. stuart shanks

stuart shanks New Member

Pete Can you tell me how to switch to majestic mode...i red that if a turn off the controller it goes to majestic mode which it seems to do. The problem is it loses the tilt!!!! and the camera just faces in the forward direction. Also is there i way of programme a spare switch so if i toggle it the camera will go to the face down position and possible another toggle to go to the 45 degree postion!!! thanks

7. Pete Maughan

Pete Maughan Member

Why can't you just leave the controller on? Set it up before you take off then you don't need to touch it.

It should be possible to set a switch by setting up a mix on the gimbal radio. Best to just google setting a mix on which ever radio you're using and you'll get a few videos showing you what to do...

8. stuart shanks

stuart shanks New Member

Hi..I do set it before i fly but when i flip the switch to put it into majestic mode the camera just flip from pointing straight down to pointing forward again..Then the stciks on the controler have no effect on the tilt whats so ever to enable me to put it back to the down postion!!

9. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

stuart you need to use the GUI to change the tilt mode from Majestic to Smooth Lock.

10. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

And also switch from Airborne mode to Handheld mode. Airborne mode doesn't have Majestic options.