/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tero expectation and results

Discussion in 'Freefly Tero' started by Sam Fleishman, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

I'd love to hear from other operators exactly what their movi setup, oil, shocks, wheelie bar. And any other mods you guys are using to perfect the stability of your footage. I've used the Red Dragon, and FS700 in conjunction with the Odyssey7Q with pretty good results. Also I am using a spektrum dx6 to drive my rig in mode 1. This allows the use of heAd tracking. M15 is definitely the primary tero gimbal of choice.

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

The stock setup is designed for 14lb gimbal weight or more. I suggest not changing anything other than adding weight to get over the 14lbs if needed.

3. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

I have swapped out the rear hub carriers bringing the rear toe in back to neutral and also lowered the chassis.
    I also upgraded to the heavier sway bar and gave the tires more inside camber to counter any hooking from excessive body roll.

Fun stuff, brings back memories of carpet racing with 1/10th scale.

Best,
    Jeff

4. Ryan McMaster

Ryan McMaster Active Member

Been seriously considering getting a Tero. I have about 300 hours on kopters, 0 on ground RC. Whats the learning curve like?

5. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

They aren't even available for sale anymore unless you find someone selling a used one.

6. Ryan McMaster

Ill find one. Guess its time to buy an RC car...

7. Todd Mahoney

Todd Mahoney New Member

This past Saturday I had the opportunity to try out the Tero with the M10 with a Red and the new MōVI controller and was impressed.

8. Gustav Raberg

Gustav Raberg Member

Do you know why? Did they recall it or is it just sold out?

9. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Limited production run and sold out.

Gustav Raberg likes this.
  10. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

Hey Jeff, What advantage does the heavier sway bar give you? also more inside camber on all tires will help with the top heaviness to avoid rolling the car? Did you just change the shock fluid to lower the car? I added dark soul half inch extensions to all 4 of my wheels for a wider base. Have you tried adding weight to the underside of the cheese plate or on top of the battery box?

are you running 4,6, or 8s voltage? I ran the car on 8s with no gimbal and it was pretty awesome!!!!

11. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

Hi Sam,

Most adjustments were made to reduce body roll in the corners. To lower the car I adjusted the shock/spring stops. I haven't changed out the shock oil. Do you know what oil weight it comes with stock?

Best,
    Jeff

12. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

I don't know what the standard shock oil is. I'm currently trying to figure out how to change out the sway bars to the heavier ones. They came with the middle ones on. I assume thats what you did. My experience is limited to multi rotors and these cars are a lot more simple but mind boggling at the same time. can you point me in the right direction on how to change the sway bars?

13. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

I guess it has been confirmed that all 100 Teros are out in the wild. It seems the freefly forum is waning in popularity and I haven't been able to find out much info on what any other the other Tero people are doing. Is Freefly in trouble? will there be a synapse or even another freefly copter? Seems like there are a lot of behind the scenes shenanigans going on.

More and more i'm seeing posts of people who are either selling freefly equipment or having problems with it. Doesn't seem like there is much progression happening around here.

14. Hi Sam,

You are correct in that we have sold out all of the Teros that we had (not sure where you got the number 100 from though). It was a limited release because the car manufacturer stopped producing that specific model mid-plan. Their parts are universal and they still support/warranty the car but at the time, they were not going to continue producing it. We are discussing additional options for producing the car for us or other models. As soon as we have more info on a potential larger scale launch, we will let folks know.

With regards to folks selling their MoVIs, many folks are selling their M10s because they are purchasing M15s. With regards to the Synapse, I don't have a launch date, but assure you that much work is being done on the Cinestar line for a future launch.

Best Regards,
    Denise

15. Ryan McMaster

Well... resorting to building my own. Starting with an 1/8th scale and a DJI gimbal to get the basics down then Ill go 1/5th and M10.

16. bevan goldswain

Hi.

I'm selling my Tero. Have used it on literally 1 shoot. Anyone interested getting touch.

17. Chris Herr

Chris Herr Member

When adding weight to the gimbal, does this have to be done on camera? Or can I add weights to the mounting platform? My guess is as long as it's above the wire rope isolators it should work. I did a few test runs with a very light setup, DLSR and lens, and the footage was pretty shakey, but that was without any added weight.

18. Todd Mahoney

Todd Mahoney New Member

Chris, adding weight? Adding accessories & such should be added to the camera. The gimbal is then balance using the app. You should not be adding weight to the mounting points on the Tero

19. Chris Herr

Chris Herr Member

Hi Todd,

I should be more specific. I have a small DSLR and lens mounted to an M15 which is mounted to the Tero. The gimbal + camera weighs around 6 or 7 lbs, half of the recommended weight for the Tero. To reach the 14 lbs recommended weight my question was wether the extra weight can be added below the gimbal, but above the wire rope isolators. I did a brief test with a 3 lb lead dive weight strapped to the mounting plate and it helped a lot, but still the total gimbal weight was only around 10 lbs, 4 more pounds and It should work just fine.

20. Chris Herr

Chris Herr Member

Also, Has anyone flipped their Tero? I've seen someone gun it too fast and flip over backwards, but how susceptible is it to roll overs with a 14 lb load?