/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi stand not tall enough with toad in the hole-solution

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by jim mundell, Aug 20, 2014.

1. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hi Just put on my Toad in the hole on the M10 between cross bar and Movi and now it hits the bottom of the movi stand. Pain in the … to balance on stand now that the M10 is longer.

Anyone have a solution? Anyone having same issue?
    Does FF make a longer vertical tube for stand? Looks like post is anchored some how, not mechanically.

2. Eric De Fino

Eric De Fino Member

I have the same problem.
    One work-around is to slightly raise the vertical rods so the they clear the stand. Not ideal, but it works.

3. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Actually a good idea. Will make a plate extends the hooks up and inch or so. Will go in-between the hook and its mounting base.

4. Joshua Binder

Joshua Binder New Member

Again to echo some sentiment from the gripe post in response to Tabbs reply to the overwhelming unhappy sentiment coming from the price changes...

WHAT THE HELL GUYS?!?!? my 15,000 dollar beta product which works great but man I get nickel and dimed for every update that should in all respect have cost nothing ($400 bucks for toad in the hole) and the I intended consequence is it makes parts of the original kit totally unusable

Again the $6k for Go big would be way easier to swallow if FF would give us a few basics:

1) Fix the stand... The fact I'm in Home Depot measuring pipe and PVC to see if I can put in a longer post is absurd considering the money spent.

2) quick latching handgrips... Guys, just looking at the parts for the tool-less pan knuckle is it too hard to throw is a pair of these to use on the handgrips? So we can use the same quick release latch on the knuckle? He'll I'll even pay a few bucks for them for shipping and what not but this is something every other gimbal maker had eclipsed you Guys on. And it's so simple it's puzzling why nothing has been done.

3) I bought a controller for $3500 bucks, that's a lot of scratch for again a beta product that had a good part of its functionality missing. I have to macgyver a cable for start stop? Seriously ? Let's not forget that after the $3500 I got again nickel and dime'd for $100 more just to make the focus controller work with one or two systems. So let's be frank, I did buy a very expensive beta product where several of the controls do nothing. I can only hope and pray when you come out with your 3 channel motor driver I don't get raked over the coals again now that I already got $3600 in.

My request list:

1-Movi Stand height adjustment kit
    2- Movi controller record Stsrt stop cable kit (pick camera control cable of your choice
    3- tool-less hand grip upgrade kit
    4-power bar similar to Defys product where we can at least have some cable loomed through the posts

If the Movi is supposed to be a DIY product you should start producing some disclaimers, usually I opt for the more expensive products because they require less of my time making parts for it.

5. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

6. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Well said. I agree with your requests.