/dist/images/branding/favicon

movi10 prices slashed by 50% ...M15 at $12,000

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Aaranyan Ramanujam, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

It is not up to us M10 owners to sell them. I am a DP not a salesman. They are shifting their problem to us. It is not our problem if freefly is having money problems and they can´t fight the Chinese. My advice is keep your policy and the correct business you have had until the unfortunate price slashing. If you keep trying to fight DJI like this you will be squashed and soon you´ll only be doing custom rigs for some random people. There is no way to fight them economicaly. They are stronger, cheaper and with technology as good as yours. You might have a great crew but so do they. To be honest people don´t care if they shoot with Movi or Ronin or any other brand. As long as they have what they need. People appreciate and are loyal to those who were loyal to them. I don´t see why you think most people will help you out (this is really what people are doing) if you treat early adopters like this. Money isn´t everything. You should respect customers like they did when they bought a revolutionary concept being visionary an jumping in with both feet. Do you think it is fair that someone who hasn´t trusted you up until the moment you lower the prices this much??? I wouldn´t call them customers or supporters I would call them opportunists not to call them worse. We trusted your products since the beginning and this is what we get in return? An M5 with a enhanced cage, baseplate and 3rd axis which beat the crap out of M10 in stabilty and all the rest? Or are you trying to tell me freefly builds different motors to different gimbals? From what I´ve seen the differences are only battery voltage and smaller frame proportions and that´s it. Freefly before you loose it all please rethink what you´re doing. I love your products but there aren´t many reasons left to support you anymore.

2. Simon Weyhe

Simon Weyhe New Member

A little side note on price drop, i heard from Cinemilled that the dji ronin has since it was launched sold more units the all other gimbal manufactures combined. that´s hard to beat. So i guess freefly needed to make moves, to keep up, which is fair enough, but they need to rethink this upgrade option and be fair to us that supported them since day one.

3. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Totally you are right I think.

4. Augusto Alves da Silva

Let´s see if meanwhile they don´t realease the M20 and lower the M15 to 5k

Tristan Twisselman likes this.
  5. Aaranyan Ramanujam

Aaranyan Ramanujam New Member

1) give an option to early adopters to either upgrade the M10 at $3K or buy a new M15 at $6k.up to the customers to decide if you guys are so customer centric.

2) give us at least 6 months time to decide and upgrade the M10 to M15. It is only fair as we waited months for M10 to be delivered after paying deposit.

Norbert Blenk likes this.
  6. Augusto Alves da Silva

Aaranyan:

I agree with number 2 but not with number one. I would prefer having an extra M15 for 6k than an upgraded M10 for 3k. To me this is not only a matter of money. It is mainly a matter of justice. If you actually think fairly the upgrade to early adopters should be 0...no expense it should be free. Why? Because the M10 actually cost 4k in the form of a M5. With some carbon mods and battery costing a couple of hundreds you can have an M10 from a M5. Now they also lowered the M10 clearly showing their markup was wrong(exagerated) from the start. And now they sell the M15 at twice or more the cost price??? I don´t think the R&D on the M15 was so expensive. It only has slight mods meaning it is a bigger M5 and a refurbished M10. People keep talking about money!!! What about manufacturer appreciation for what we´ve done? With the option of the 6k M15 + keeping our M10´s it is of course a no brainer. But from a company from which I bought thousands, CS8HL, M10, Tero, various adapters, toad in a hole (3), ninja star plates etc...etc... Besides I am responsible for many M10 sales due to my consultancy jobs. Just terribly disappointed and still nobody from Freefly told me or you anything about it.

Hikari Homma likes this.
  7. Martin McGuinness

Martin McGuinness New Member

Mine is available at your offer.

8. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

And just in case you need more than one... ;-)

9. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

Good luck trying to sell your M10. For someone like me who mostly cares about flying the gimbal on a MR, a better option might be to buy the M15 at $6k and put it up for sale at $10k. Pocket the $4k.

Brad McGiveron likes this.
  10. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

I am looking forward to seeing how well some folks and their "sales" go...

11. Aaranyan Ramanujam

I see Movi10 floating around used markets for $5,500. Pathetic. Height of desperation. Blame it on Freefly. They are going to make Movi 10 very cheap and operate it without experience and get a bad name for it.

Richard MacDonald likes this.
  12. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

M10 can carry FS7 or it need M15?
    And with which lenses?
    Unless these info, how can we make decision to buy M15 or not?

Price is unfair, period of campaign is too short, poor information.

Good treatment for early adopters thanks.

13. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Upgrade must be free.
    I asked to guy from freefly before I buy M10. Because I thought 15k is too much.
    But they said 15k is including future upgrade. Then I understand and paid 15k.
    Firmware update was 7k? No way...

Why there was no upgrade till now. We can't buy full cage even if we want to buy it.
    Where is iOS? They always said it gonna available soon.

Why freefly don't do correct upgrade to M10 and why not keeping value but trying to decrease value?
    I feel it's so strange.
    And after this story, we have to pay 6k more?
    I feel I bought pre-product equipment by 15k. And did advertisement for freefly. Acturelly I went to many film company and did demo shoot and explained what you can do with M10. Why freefly stands as a highest brands? It's only from your effort? There is no appreciate to early adopter?

In my opinion, freefly have to send M15 by free to early adopter. Because still we have pre-product.

And have to refound to who buy M10 recently.

I really agree with what August said.

14. Augusto Alves da Silva

Nobody in his right mind will buy a 2nd hand M10.

15. Aaranyan Ramanujam

So , how many of you have opted for the M15 purchase at a discounted price before 30th of September ?
    How is it so far ?
    Any extension on the dates for the placing the order ?