/dist/images/branding/favicon

Another A2 Crash - Pictures, Graphs, and Video

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Josh Lambeth, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

4014XFs.

I just tested 5215XF on the bench just to check the temp of Herkules III.

2. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

A buddy of mine just switched to the kde 4014's and and that is the only thing he changed on his copter. He flew it for 12 successful flights and then i guess it started yawing uncontrollably as yours did Josh. He was flying it on a hex though and it was with a WKM not an a2. His auw was 22lbs and he was flying 15x5 props. It sounds to me like the problem could be the rigs being overweight and then the motors or esc are getting too hot and shutting down. But at this point we have had multiple people crash and no common part. Some WKM, some A2, Tiger Motors, KDE Motors, KDE esc, Other brand ESC...knowing this, now what does everyone think is the cause?

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

That's a really bad setup, Tristan. Those motors with 15" props are going to hover at around 75% power, meaning that the copter is really close to max power just to get off the ground. Who told them that a hex with 15" props and those motors would fly at 10Kg? Bad idea.

4. Tristan Twisselman

Steve I thought the same thing but he was convinced that wasn't an issue cause his old motors never had a problem

5. Steve Maller

Clearly he was wrong.

6. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

I would never fly 4014XF with 15" props. Since DJI doesn't generate logs for proper diagnose, we will not be able to understand what caused the problems.

7. Steve Maller

I think it's pretty clear that those motors and props were misconfigured.

8. Nick Wolcott

Nick Wolcott Member

I've had complete loss of yaw control four times, where the heli functions normally with throttle control, nick and roll and will hover, but the heli spins quickly no matter what yaw input I give. All with a different mix of motors, ESCs, and flight controllers, the only common thread was a heavy payload. None of them were with DJI FCs. 3 of them were on fairly hot days (causing low air density) and one at high altitude. My theory is the props lose torque control and then the flight controller just gives up on the yaw axis. Maybe it senses an error and is programmed that way?
    I may be eating my words soon, but my latest build is using an A2 and I love how it performs. I've had 2 ESC failures and one motor failure and the flight controller handled it flawlessly. I mounted the IMU on a plate using the MK vib isolators, the instructions to mount directly to the frame seem like a bad idea to me.

9. Tristan Twisselman

His auw was 16 pounds he said